I have a love hate relationship with the the 1.3 update

King Victor

Skeletron Prime
It's sad for me to say this, but in a way I hate the moon lord and celestial event.

Don't get me wrong, the day the brought out 1.3 I was hopping up and down with joy. But at the same time
I was sad.

The reason?

Before the moon lord came out, there were tons of different items to fight with, lots of end-game armor, and lots of variety.
But now that the moon lord-came out- as much as I love him -Brought everyone to basically the same things. now instead of a Terra Blade that is made up of
swords gathered from every part of the game, there's a kitty sword. and that's just one example.
When 1.3 came out I defeated the moon lord straight away. but after I defeated him I felt sad to just throw away all the things I had put so many hours in to crafting, for just something I got in like 3 hours!

Please share your thoughts, do you like 1.3 or hate it? or both?

Last edited:
Honestly, you don't have to throw something away if you worked hard on it. I worked hard for my Terra Blade as well, and even reforged it to Legendary, and guess what? I kept it even after obtaining the Meowmere. There are things we keep just for memories, you know. Photos for memories uselessly take up space as well, but we don't get rid of them because memories!

You aren't alone, many others share the resentment of how Moonlord "funnels" progression. However, many of the pre-Moonlord weapons are still very viable compared to their overpowered counterparts.

The thing is, if you don’t like the equipment you get, you are not forced to use them. They may be stronger than earlier equipment, but there isn’t any tougher challenges after ML anyway.

The post-moonlord tier is simply a reward for beating the game. Just because there is something stronger than what you have doesn’t mean you can’t use the old stuff anymore, it just means you *can* use stronger stuff to make fights a tad easier if you so wish.

In the end you are entitled to your opinion, but I hope you can at least understand the other side of things.

@Cjjedik

I know that I can use the old items, but the whole reason I'm upset is because there was variety plus power.

I still prefer post moon lord weapons, but I don't like the lack of variety.

Well, to be fair there is some balancing with the super dolphin gun, it drains ammo like a wah wah. Which is why I still prefer the Vortex Beater/Phantasm. Though I see what you mean.

If only there were weapon vanity slots. :p

I really like Terraria, and I never really shed light on some of the core mechanics that left a sour taste in my mouth, and this is one of them. But I played an adventure map, and you always could look closer in secrets and complete some challenges to get a varied set of gear, and it was great. But near the end, you were given hallowed armor and a paladin's hammer to fight golem, and that was bosses above anything else.

And that bit was frustrating, because it disregarded any secret finding before. That experience really compares with Terraria, and I wish they had taken a different route, like 8 powerful asccessories.

I really like Terraria, and I never really shed light on some of the core mechanics that left a sour taste in my mouth, and this is one of them. But I played an adventure map, and you always could look closer in secrets and complete some challenges to get a varied set of gear, and it was great. But near the end, you were given hallowed armor and a paladin's hammer to fight golem, and that was bosses above anything else.

And that bit was frustrating, because it disregarded any secret finding before. That experience really compares with Terraria, and I wish they had taken a different route, like 8 powerful asccessories.
Well spoken!

Me too, but there’s vanity. That is what redeems it for me. You don’t have to wear the boring old solar armor that everyone loves to show off. I prefer wearing hallowed armor or turtle armor over my solar. The whole purpose of vanity is to create more variety.

Back
Top Bottom