PC I have HAD IT with the frequency of events!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason_c_o

Steampunker
There needs to be a way of reducing the amount of events encountered in game. Even if it has to be earned by acquiring an item or beating a boss. I'm sick and tired of trying to build something, or drop off my full inventory, fight a boss, or etc. just to have a solar eclipse, then a blood moon, another solar eclipse, and than maybe a night of peace, and then an invasion. Not to mention the frequency I encounter Martian Probes now that 1.3 is released.

This is ridiculous and frustrating to me. These chained events are a *common occurrence* and disrupt my fun with the game. Just let me get on with what I was doing!

Personally, I feel that all events should be like bosses: Once you've beaten them once naturally they should *ONLY* spawn when summoned with an item.

Same here, I had like 3 solar eclipses in a row. It's nice to wait many irl hours for npcs to spawn.

The Martian Probes aren't a big deal, you can quickly kill them.
I have to agree with the Solar Eclipses though, they're becoming such a pain, especially with the mothron now, you can't just afk in base with the doors barred because the mothron will just fly through your base and kill you.. the Solar Eclipse also takes ages to finally pass.

The Terrarian day lasts from 4:30am to 7:30am. That's 15 minutes IRL time wasted per. Getting multiple in a row shouldn't even be possible. With the combo that inspired this post, that's over an hour down the drain before I can do anything else!

I don't know if you've seen, but the chance of a natural solar eclipse and the chance to come across a Martian Probe has been reduced.

I just got a Solar Eclipse right after another one that wiped out half my NPCs because I was trying to buiid...

deadly sphere senpai pls dont notice me

I don't know if you've seen, but the chance of a natural solar eclipse and the chance to come across a Martian Probe has been reduced.
I came here specifically to post about that. I was really happy to see it in the patch notes :)

We'll have to see just how much of a difference it makes!

I have seen with over 50 hours with character, beat Golem yesterday:

6 Blood Moon
1 Slime Rain
2 Goblin Invasion
1 Pirate Invasion
0 Solar Eclipse
0 Martian Probes

Ever since 1.3 came out I haven't seen a single Slime Rain event.

I've found and mudered several martian probes, only had one goblin invasion, one pirate invasion caused by stupidly using my map, about 2 or so blood moons and only one solar eclipse I forced with a tablet.

The event frequency needs to be higher imo. Especially with Slime Rain.

one of my worlds has an ongoing blood moon every goddamn night so i disagree with invidialbum and agree with the guy up top, considering i've had 3 slime rains allready

I guess a mechanic "same event can't happen 2 times in a row" would be nice. So after having both solar eclipse and blood moon you'd be sure they won't happen again right after.

one of my worlds has an ongoing blood moon every goddamn night so i disagree with invidialbum and agree with the guy up top, considering i've had 3 slime rains allready
I should have been more specific with what I said.
The frequency for Slime Rains needs to be higher. I wish there was an item that allows me to force one, but no, you can only force Goblin Invasions, Pirate Invasions and Solar Eclipses. Another thing that peeves me is that there's no item to summon Plantera on demand, but that's for another topic.

I feel like the best way to go about this would be to dynamically adjust the chance of consecutive events, rather than a flat decrease. For example, if a solar eclipse happens during the day, the chances of a blood moon happening the following night should reduce. The more events that happen consecutively, the more likely the next day/night will be normal. The event chances will gradually climb back to their usual rates per normal day/night. That way, if you happen to get invaded by pirates, then a blood moon happens, then you wake up to find a solar eclipse, that's just terrible luck instead of a frequent complaint.
Maybe the frequency of Martian probes could also be factored in, spawning most frequently when no events have happened for a certain number of days/nights.

Well congrats Jason. You asked and they listened. With 1.3.0.4 and likely 1.3.0.5, they've reduced martian probe spawns to practically nothing. I MADE AN ACCOUNT for the forums just to talk about this one topic. With about 50 hours of gameplay with my post-final boss world in 1.3.0.4, I have yet to see a martian probe. (And btw, if you don't want the event to start, just destroy the probe, it's not that big of a deal. If it is difficult to destroy, you should probably be doing the event) GG UFO mount

Well congrats Jason. You asked and they listened. With 1.3.0.4 and likely 1.3.0.5, they've reduced martian probe spawns to practically nothing. I MADE AN ACCOUNT for the forums just to talk about this one topic. With about 50 hours of gameplay with my post-final boss world in 1.3.0.4, I have yet to see a martian probe. (And btw, if you don't want the event to start, just destroy the probe, it's not that big of a deal. If it is difficult to destroy, you should probably be doing the event) GG UFO mount

I'm pretty sure it helps they don't spawn if the cultists are alive because of a bug causing probes not to spawn while a boss is active. Maybe that's your problem?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it helps they don't spawn if the cultists are alive because of a bug causing probes not to spawn while a boss is active. Maybe that's your problem?

^ This. There was a bug with the cultists counting as bosses. IF you want to increase the martian spawn rate - build a sky bridge around the space layer and lay a mine cart, then cruise back and forth for a few. Should work.

As for the rest, they seem to have tweaked something. Getting fewer blood moon/solar eclipse/pirate invasion/blood mooon/solar eclipse combo chains. Which is nice. Still just wish the end-boss monuments completely stopped enemy spawns or events while active. Anything to just... Neutralize threats in a world. It may seem ridiculous but when I get everything at the end of the game it would be nice to make the world totally safe for building and roleplaying purposes.

Interesting. Since the newest patch, I actually got invasions, but still not getting a ton of them. The one thing I was glad to see stop was slime rain starting, then stopping at exiting from my world. I had ONE combo, but it was a solar/blood moon and then stopped. I've gotten those before, so I didn't consider it a big deal.

Interesting. Since the newest patch, I actually got invasions, but still not getting a ton of them. The one thing I was glad to see stop was slime rain starting, then stopping at exiting from my world. I had ONE combo, but it was a solar/blood moon and then stopped. I've gotten those before, so I didn't consider it a big deal.

I think it depends quite a bit on the way you play. Whether it's single player, or for how long. I keep a multiplayer server running almost 24/7, and since the frost moon patch, I can't even count the number of times we have gotten a solar/blood/invasion combo. It's one of those maddening things where I alt-tab and make it dusk to stop an eclipse, only to get a blood moon, so I make it dawn, then I get a pirate invasion. None of the events are necessarily that difficult at a certain point. They just become a nuisance that sometimes threatens an NPC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom