PC I Lost an Entire Day of Progress in Terraria

So I decided to spend the day trying to get a Nazar. First I got through the Martian Event, then decided to rematch Plantera and got a Tiki Minion. Then I went on another world and unintentionally got an Adhesive Bandage which happened to be another item I needed but I was focusing on a Nazar. It took me an entire night to get a Nazar. No kidding it took me from 1:00 AM to 8:00 AM to get one. I was so happy to finally get one so I saved and went to my other world and... the game crashed. I tried to reload the game but it wouldn't even load to the title. I restarted my computer to fix it and it worked. When I was loading the world I said to myself "I swear to god if it didn't save the Nazar." Well, I didn't have it. I was angry and got so mad that I rage quit and was convinced that I would never play this game again but I did and later found out that it wiped it to be the same inventory as yesterday. I like Terraria. Alot. Infact I like it more than Minecraft. But if there is one thing that I hate about this game, it is the fact that it crashes alot. Could someone give me tips for how I could retrive this stuff? By the way, when I mean a day, I mean an IRL Day not an In-Game Day.

I honestly don't know what you're on about. I have yet to crash once in vanilla Terraria.

That aside, another problem here is that you seemed to play for 7 hours straight without ever 'Save-and-quitting' to save progress. I thought it was pretty standard to save progress regularly in gaming, regardless of whether or not said game has an autosave feature (I'm looking at you, Skyrim).

I honestly don't know what you're on about. I have yet to crash once in vanilla Terraria.

That aside, another problem here is that you seemed to play for 7 hours straight without ever 'Save-and-quitting' to save progress. I thought it was pretty standard to save progress regularly in gaming, regardless of whether or not said game has an autosave feature (I'm looking at you, Skyrim).

The reason that I did not save for 7 hours is because I was afk farming. I heard cloud saving might have to do with my crashes but I started cloud saving because before I started cloud saving I lost an entire world. I always seem to crash at least once a day.

How did you end up losing a world without cloud? I am aware that cloud has issues at the moment. I've just never had a real need to use it.

Afk or not, it's still kind of a standard to save regularly.

I once lost my main world along with the automatic backup. I was having problems with my PC at the time, so it must have crashed the game and corrupted the data.

I tried everything I could to get the data back, but when I opened it in a hex editor and found that the file (and backup) was all zeroes, I knew it couldn't be recovered. I suspected cloud saving (it causes problems with lots of games), so I went and turned that off.

Fortunately, I had made a just-before-hardmode backup of the world. I was at Plantera when it got corrupted, so I lost quite a bit of progress, like changes to my base and quite a lot of items. Still, there was nothing I could do, so I sucked it up and did it over again. I didn't lose my character though, so I still had some good weapons/items and everything in my piggybank/safe. That made it faster than the first time. The most annoying part was having to chop out the corruption/hallow "V" after defeating Wall of Flesh again.

Now I backup my world file once in a while. I haven't had any problems since.

Now I backup my world file once in a while. I haven't had any problems since.
Well done. There's no escaping Murphy's Law entirely, but backing up important files is one of the best ways to keep his damage to a minimum.

1:00-8:00 irl... srsly? how does that happen ...I doubt that even happened
also crashing happens and it happens for most games its something we have to deal with

Back
Top Bottom