I love art - especially game design

Feistygandhi

The Destroyer
Hello, forum community! I normally try not to focus a conversation on myself too much, but I guess this is the appropriate post to do so.

So I probably should have made an account years ago, if for nothing else, to reach out to people regarding my Terraria adventure map, "Red Hat Castle." I have put a considerable amount of work into it, and spent over a year polishing the initial product. I guess this would be a good place if people want to provide feedback, questions, or ideas.

EDIT: Red Hat Castle is here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/red-hat-castle.52996/ <is that appropriate here?

I have always been interested in the creative aspects of game design since I was a kid. I sort of viewed video games as the ultimate art form - combining visual, musical, and storytelling media, and adding the art of setting up a good challenge for players. I have experience in drawing, playing music (guitar and drums mostly these days), and writing, but game design is my favorite.

I have so many 'favorite' video games, though I tend to favor older and/or adventure ones. Just to throw some names out off the top of my head: Zelda series, Metroid series, Megaman series, Dark Souls series, Castlevania series, Ninja Gaiden series (NES), Actraiser series, Contra series, Sonic series (SEGA Genesis), Final Fantasy series, Rock Band 3, Secret of Mana, Deja Vu, Might and Magic VII & VIII, Chrono Trigger, River City Ransom, Monster Party, Skyrim, The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Environmental Station Alpha, Risk of Rain, Super Meat Boy, Shovel Knight, VVVVVV, and probably many more. I can't think of a single game as my favorite; it depends on what I'm interested in experiencing at a given moment.

I occasionally like to do athletic things, especially martial arts, basketball, hiking, archery (athletic?), and table tennis (athletic?!?!).

Anyway, I'm not too familiar with the intricacies of forum etiquette, so I'm not sure if this is a good introductory post. Haha.

If anyone has any questions or otherwise wants to talk, I'd be happy to discuss! Thanks!

-Feistygandhi

Last edited:
Oh. It seems you have not been greeted yet. Anyway welcome to the forums...I'm a bit late to say so but is there anything in particular you're looking for? I think there's a forum section for sharing maps if you want more visibility/feedback.

Game development is cool, never had the programming skill to do it myself.

Thanks crackshotCerberus!

Yeah I've since found my way to the Player-Made Maps section. In terms of what I'm looking for..... I guess just game/map design discussion. Ha I don't know.

Anyway, I really appreciate the greeting! I look forward to getting to know the community better.

Back
Top Bottom