Red Hat Castle is a non-linear adventure map inspired by many influences from 80s, 90s and 2000s adventure titles, including Castlevania, Zelda, Metroid, and Dark Souls. You explore a large castle and its surrounding zones on a quest to remove the king's curse. There are 3 built-in difficulty settings, each with unique content and endings. Just download the map and create a softcore character and you're ready to begin!
Download/More Info Link
A few screenshots:
- Designed for 1 or 2 players!
- 3 to 6-ish hours of gameplay per run
- Open-world, non-linear progression
- Unique and varied environments, some completely optional to visit
- Countless secrets off-the-beaten-path for observant and adventurous players
- Endless layers of polish since its initial release in September of 2015
- 3 difficulty levels:
- Toddler Difficulty - Begin with tons of potions and 5 extra heart crystals; many extra items (start with Horseshoe!); easier platforming; simplest ending
- Normal Difficulty - Begin with 30 potions and 5 extra heart crystals; hidden extra ending content
- Metal Difficulty - Begin with nothing; limited access to items; unique items; gargantuan and intricate extra ending content to challenge ambitious players
- ***If it's too difficult, try an easier difficulty! They're there so that you can appreciate the game at any skill level!
Newest Update Feature:
November 23, 2017: v1.5 is the Narrative Update! Improved aesthetics recently as well.
As usual, also added art, details, and other polish.
53 including the hidden Metal Difficulty ones.
The first video of a playthrough I did on "Metal Difficulty" (SPOILERS!, to some people):
Feel free to contact me with any questions or feedback you may have. I'm open to any ideas to improve your experience! Thank you so much for checking out Red Hat Castle!