Mobile I may have found the reason for crashes

Nardia

Steampunker
Whenever I am flying around my world with wings I crash a lot, and after some testing I think that the cause for crashes while flying is because you move so fast your device can't load the chunks fast enough, and as a result it crashes the game.

Could be the cause of one kind of crash, but I've never made it past a few game days on mobile and it used to crash on me so often I gave up playing. I'm giving it another go on Android now that the update is out, and am looking forward to updating the iPad whenever a new iOS version comes out.

Everything is preloaded when you boot up the world. There are no 'chunks' or anything, it's preloaded
Actually, it does only load nearby sections of the world. I've experienced situations on both the PC and Xbox 360 versions where a section of the world hasn't loaded yet, usually due to a bad internet connection.

Actually, it does only load nearby sections of the world. I've experienced situations on both the PC and Xbox 360 versions where a section of the world hasn't loaded yet, usually due to a bad internet connection.
How would a bad internet connection affect world loading if you aren't in multiplayer?

To the problem with wings: my game freezes or even crashes without wings, but only when i do things. meaning when i am just standing (afk money farm), my game can last up to 6-10 hours without crashing, but when i mine or simply walk the game crashes like every 45 minutes

To the problem with wings: my game freezes or even crashes without wings, but only when i do things. meaning when i am just standing (afk money farm), my game can last up to 6-10 hours without crashing, but when i mine or simply walk the game crashes like every 45 minutes
The same thing happens to me, but more often when I am flying with wings or rocket boots; this is how I came up with my answer to the crashes.

I think the game cant handle to much information and thats why it crashes moreoften during doing smth than just standing still.

Back
Top Bottom