What should my base be like?

• Superly over protected!

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Underwater

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Air base

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
I usually make my bases as secure as possible. Of course in Terraria that usually boils down to three essential elements:
  • Put your base up off the ground (but in sight of it)
  • Put something underneath that will kill bad guys
  • Keep your NPCs even farther away from where bad guys will be.
You'll also want to make sure you have something solid between you andthe killzone at least half the time, to block projectiles. Other than that, there are infinite variations on all three of these factors, from a base with a lava basement, to one covered in teleporters outside, or just a tall tower with a trapped first floor. I've always built a dungeon under my house with passages to funnel bad guys in to the grinder. One uncommon suggestion I would make is, get a biome besides Purity somewhere adjacent to your house. Corruption and Crimson are out for most people, but jungle, Hallow, snow or desert can spice up your blood moons. Also the ready access to different woods can make for some nice design decisions.

Anywhere away from the center of the surface. That's where invasions happen. You don't want your NPCs to be slaughtered by goblins, pirates, or aliens.

I put my most recent base underground, away from the moon events that only happen at the surface.
As long as I keep the spreading biomes away it should be relatively safe.

I always make my base with NPCs safe up in a tower while the ground floor is trapped with lava, spiked balls, poison darts, water traps, etc. etc. etc.

An unteresting tidbit I uncovered while wikiing: Sunflowers, while they don't hold back corruption or crimson in hardmode, can negate their effects on NPC housing to a certain extent per sunflower. Technically you could build your house in the midst of the Corruption and with enough sunflowers have the whole gang there.

An unteresting tidbit I uncovered while wikiing: Sunflowers, while they don't hold back corruption or crimson in hardmode, can negate their effects on NPC housing to a certain extent per sunflower. Technically you could build your house in the midst of the Corruption and with enough sunflowers have the whole gang there.
On mobile i have npc houses (they were actually spawnbases but a crafting bench adds npc houses) that are not only in now hallow, but i even have a house made of hallowed stone..and a hell house... mobile you fail...

On mobile i have npc houses (they were actually spawnbases but a crafting bench adds npc houses) that are not only in now hallow, but i even have a house made of hallowed stone..and a hell house... mobile you fail...
this doesn't apply to Hallow anyway since Hallow does not interfere with NPC housing. We're talking about Corruption/Crimson voiding housing, sunflowers negate it.

I've been wanting to try a base under the ocean, but haven't undergone the huge project quite yet lol... I made a awesome pirate ship base on my console version, it's big enough to house everything. Took a long time to move water tho.

Back
Top Bottom