Items I think it'd be cool to add a stronger ore equivalent to meteorite ore (like iron and lead)

Deltaric 🌳

Terrarian
I think that adding a stronger meteorite ore would be cool and it could be called "comet ore" and the tool tip saying "It glows in your hand..."
comet ore.png

Where would you get it? What would it do? At the risk of sounding rude, what really is the point of this suggestion?

I think what you are imagining is a hard mode slime rain event, where you get exposed to a bump in progression from something random. I think this has already been implemented in the form of the martian invasion.

Google: Asteroids are made up of metals and rocky material, while comets are made up of ice, dust and rocky material.
Makes no sense to have asteroid ore.

Google: Asteroids are made up of metals and rocky material, while comets are made up of ice, dust and rocky material.
Makes no sense to have asteroid ore.
Makes no sense to have a blob of jello try to kill you but hey, we got that too.

Seriously though, if this "Comet ore" was just a counterpart to Meteorite then it would be more interesting. It would need something for each class, but it could have a totally different style than Meteorite. If it's just a "better Meteorite" that appears in Hardmode then I don't really see the point.

I do like the idea of having a counterpart to meteorite ore just like the other ore counterparts. So it wouldn't be stronger than meteorite ore, but just different. Another interesting thing to play around with is to make it for example a 10/90 split rather than a 50/50 one for probability. Whether it's something that'd be determined when the world is created or that gets decided for a meteor every time it falls is something I wonder about too.

comet ore.png
I think that meteorite is an amazing stage for mages, but then what about other classes? I feel adding a chance for comets to drop instead of meteors to drop would be nice, and it could be a stronger version (just like how lead is stronger than iron. Also, the tool tip could say "It glows in your hand..." The special enemies for the biome could be ice balls that shoot blue lasers and comet bars could craft a ranger weapon that shoots blue lasers, too. Comet armor would also be really amazing. The music could be a different version/remix of ice biome otherworldly, since that does seem to fit the theme.

Back
Top Bottom