Good Idea?

• Yes!

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Change please

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No (explain why)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
Good ;). I think that early hardmode ores need some rework because now items made from them are outclassed by other stuff.

This suggestion is mainly just for fun, and all credit for the sprite goes to @Electroman102. We all know the katana right? Incredibly useful for how early in the game it can be acquired. For this idea, I was thinking along the lines of pairing it with frost armor. It can be crafted with one frost core, 13 adamantite/titanium bars, and, of course, the katana at a mythril/orichalcum anvil. Without further ado, here it is...
index.php

I know, the sprite's kinda big, but unfortunately, I'm posting this from a mobile divice, so I have no way to shrink it down any, or paste it in a cleaner way. So just bear with me here. Let's talk of stats. It'd be able to do 45 damage a hit, with an attack speed of 7. Now, I understand that this would make the weapon just a downgrade of fetid bahgnacks so to balance it... Used normally, It would have a 50% chance to inflict the frostburn debuff. Paired with frost armor, however, would give it a 100% chance to inflict frostburn (duh), but the debuff would be stackable up to five. The knockback is pretty average, and the size is about the same as the katana. Best modifier would be legendary. I would still benefit from ALL of the effects of frost armor.

I would like feedback about this, and since it's my first actual suggestion, I'd appreciate comments pointing out any errors or flaws, so long as you strictly keep it constructive criticism. Tell me what you think! Again, credit goes to @Electroman102 for the sprite.

Hard to believe its your first suggestion as you balanced everything GREATLY! What it needs is uniqueness, as maybe it should do something like more than frost burn as right now, I see it as a normal ore sword with frost burn. Make it should a beam or something. Otherwise that, this suggestion is amazing!

Back
Top Bottom