tModLoader Idea for a mod: Adding more weapons for subclasses

Is it really melee if you throw them?
Yes? You use it with pyhsical strength. It is a spear. Spears are throwables. Not to mention we have Daybreak already. So yeah it is melee. Melee weapons aint necessarily swung or stabbed, lol
And thrown spears would be a good solution, we already have Daybreak which is absolutely cool and better than all the other spears.

The game is very heavily focused on ranged combat, and doesn't hold up well at all when trying to maintain a short distance from the boss without getting hit. Bubble Gun is about the shortest you can feasibly get away with for most bosses, and that thing has ludicrous DPS to make up for it; spears do not, and have even shorter range.

In my opinion, I think Spears should have a thrust attack with Left-Click, and a chargeable throw attack on Right-Click. Thrust should have a lot more DPS, and the Throw attack would be to help keep some damage on the enemy from a distance, since so many are so many bosses are so close-range-unfriendly,  especially Queen Slime.
You explained it

Ok, I am still not going to turn spears into javelins as the first solution. I will look for other solutions first. That and I want to make my mod as vanilla as possible, and vanilla Terraria doesn't have spears be javelins and spears at the same time. I will probably just add a spear that has ludicrous range since for Queen Slime and similar bosses rather than a javelin because those bosses are feasible with just a spear that has longer range. I will see if The Twins are like that. They're a headache for true melee.

The Destroyer can definitely be defeated with ease using the Titanium trident. I don't remember if the same applies to Skeletron prime, but I will try. He doesn't have the same problems as Queen Slime or The Twins.

Ok, I am still not going to turn spears into javelins as the first solution. I will look for other solutions first. That and I want to make my mod as vanilla as possible, and vanilla Terraria doesn't have spears be javelins and spears at the same time. I will probably just add a spear that has ludicrous range since for Queen Slime and similar bosses rather than a javelin because those bosses are feasible with just a spear that has longer range. I will see if The Twins are like that. They're a headache for true melee.

The Destroyer can definitely be defeated with ease using the Titanium trident. I don't remember if the same applies to Skeletron prime, but I will try. He doesn't have the same problems as Queen Slime or The Twins.
All I am saying is that more throwable spears in melee class would be good.
Daybreak is really cool already

All I am saying is that more throwable spears in melee class would be good.
Daybreak is really cool already
You convinced me. I'll probably think of a melee javelins class but it will be different from the spear class.

I'd also be kinda hard to balance since javelins are the same thing as boomerangs. I mean, if we're adding javelins, wouldn't it be better to just add boomerangs instead? Boomerangs solve all your daybreak and javelin issues.

You convinced me. I'll probably think of a melee javelins class but it will be different from the spear class.

I'd also be kinda hard to balance since javelins are the same thing as boomerangs. I mean, if we're adding javelins, wouldn't it be better to just add boomerangs instead? Boomerangs solve all your daybreak and javelin issues.
I do want more boomerangs! An Empress of Light, Solar pillar and Moonlord boomerangs would be nice for me.

I think you are kinda right... Daybreak can be a unique weapon that doesnt have a similar weapon to it. But, If I was making a mod (which, I probably will, I have dreams about it) I would make a "thrown spears" melee subclass dedicated on Daybreak's function. I also have Chained swords and Magical instruments subclass idea!

I do want more boomerangs! An Empress of Light, Solar pillar and Moonlord boomerangs would be nice for me.

I think you are kinda right... Daybreak can be a unique weapon that doesnt have a similar weapon to it. But, If I was making a mod (which, I probably will, I have dreams about it) I would make a "thrown spears" melee subclass dedicated on Daybreak's function. I also have Chained swords and Magical instruments subclass idea!
You'd love the bard class from Thorium. All of their weapons are magical instruments.

They're a class made for supporting other classes in multiplayer.

Back
Top Bottom