tModLoader Idea for a mod: Adding more weapons for subclasses

Post golem and post plantera especially could use one. There’s only one per tier there and neither are particularly strong.
Pre-Plantera could also use a flail.
For post Plantera there is the Flower pow. I would have to test the Flower pow because it seems balanced enough to face events and kill the Golem.
Flower pow isn't that good, and most other weapons have a lot of different choices for post-plantera. Like guns. There's Venus Magnum, Sniper Rifle, and the Tactical Shotgun.
Well, they're classified as launched flails like the Anchor, Chain guillotines, Chain knife and Flairon. That's because in previous versions of the game, flails didn't spin around yourself, nor they stayed on the floor with another left click, so they were pretty similar to launched flails.
There's a lot of people who dislike using launched flails, and to be honest, they're so different from normal flails that they're practically a separate subclass.

Pre-Plantera could also use a flail.
Is the Drippler crippler not enough? I'll have to test it out.
Flower pow isn't that good, and most other weapons have a lot of different choices for post-plantera. Like guns. There's Venus Magnum, Sniper Rifle, and the Tactical Shotgun.
Fair enough, I'll look into adding Post-Golem flails. I feel like it would be easy to take down the Golem with the Flower pow. But I'll have to check it out myself.
There's a lot of people who dislike using launched flails, and to be honest, they're so different from normal flails that they're practically a separate subclass.
Ah, should I add more flails to both the launched flail and normal flails? As in, treat them like different subclasses.

It requires blood moon fishing, and it's also Pre-Mech.
Blood moon fishing isn't hard. Just get the Dao of Pow and kill the Dreadnautilus with it, unless you think that's too hard. I could probably add a flail to make obtaining the Drippler Crippler easier, but it should be weaker than the Drippler Crippler.

I could also add a flail that's post mech bosses so that the Drippler Crippler has its chance to shine against the mech bosses, but you have the option to get a flail that you can use to beat Plantera easier.
Ah, more work. Well, launched flails would be the last subclass I'd try to add more items for. I'd focus on other subclasses more like the sentry subclass, normal flails and boomerangs. Oh, and spears.

Blood moon fishing isn't hard.
The problem with blood moon fishing is that it requires a blood moon, and that the RNG makes it very tedious.
If you have fishing equipment, that makes it way easier, but if you don't like to fish, that makes it harder.
It'll take at least a dozen seconds to get each enemy, and only the rarer enemies are capable of dropping it.

The problem with blood moon fishing is that it requires a blood moon, and that the RNG makes it very tedious.
If you have fishing equipment, that makes it way easier, but if you don't like to fish, that makes it harder.
It'll take at least a dozen seconds to get each enemy, and only the rarer enemies are capable of dropping it.
You're right. I should add a viable pre-mech flail that doesn't require fishing. Though that can probably be done with the Dao of pow. It's easier to obtain, but it's weaker.

If I add another pre-mech flail, it should be weaker than the Dao of pow because it's easy to obtain or stronger because it's harder to obtain.

You're right. I should add a viable pre-mech flail that doesn't require fishing. Though that can probably be done with the Dao of pow. It's easier to obtain, but it's weaker.

If I add another pre-mech flail, it should be weaker than the Dao of pow because it's easy to obtain or stronger because it's harder to obtain.
Or maybe just one with a higher skill cap so it's harder to use but does better if you use it properly.

I have defeated the Wall of flesh in 2 minutes with DPS focused set up.
DarkLanceVsWOF.png

Our subclass might be viable Spearbros... The bee spear might not be needed.
I just needed a Golf cart and to use an enormous amount of potions, including the Feather fall potion. I tried to avoid the minions more than the lasers, and I jumped around a lot. I managed to beat him at low health.

Full menacing isn't optimal, from what I've heard. For single class locked set-ups, apparently mixing Lucky and Menacing is better than going full menacing or full lucky when you're not using minions, but I went with full menacing because most people don't know that.

Either way, going full warding is kinda cheesy and lame, but it's more efficient than trying to maximize damage against WOF due to how bull:red: he is.

So I completely changed my mind on how the Queen bee spear (Queen's stinger) should work. Rather than the spear spawning bees on death, I believe it should throw a projectile or have more range than the Dark lance. Lancers don't have a lot of projectile throwing spears at that point of the game that they could use, so I thought of making some sort of Storm spear upgrade (The Storm spear is broken BTW, second only to the Star fury when you use its true melee attack) that shoots piercing stingers every few seconds. That way, you could probably do a spears only FTW playthrough or something. Maybe make it slowly shoot a projectile sometimes that ignores gravity and pierces four enemies?

I'll probably make a small video informing lancers on how to slay the Wall of flesh.

So I completely changed my mind on how the Queen bee spear (Queen's stinger) should work. Rather than the spear spawning bees on death, I believe it should throw a projectile or have more range than the Dark lance. Lancers don't have a lot of projectile throwing spears at that point of the game that they could use, so I thought of making some sort of Storm spear upgrade (The Storm spear is broken BTW, second only to the Star fury when you use its true melee attack) that shoots piercing stingers every few seconds. That way, you could probably do a spears only FTW playthrough or something. Maybe make it slowly shoot a projectile sometimes that ignores gravity and pierces four enemies?
👍

Honestly I would just make more subclasses based on unique weapons' functions.
Chained swords: Melee subclass, flails that function the same way as Solar Eruption (there was some flails in Calamity like this, my favorite one being the Cosmic Discharge)

Thrown spears: Melee subclass, spears that are thrown, stick to the enemy and do DoT. Based on the Daybreak.

Magical instruments: Mage subclass, Magic weapons that do music, based on Magical harp and Stellar Tune.

I want to make these in a mod I have the dream making of.

I tested the Dark lance and the Titanium trident against Queen Slime and the Dark lance performs way better, wtf. Relogic should buff the range of the titanium/adamantite spears.

Is it really melee if you throw them?
Eh, I don't think throwable spears should be the first solution. Maybe just a Titanium/Adamantite spear with more range.
The game is very heavily focused on ranged combat, and doesn't hold up well at all when trying to maintain a short distance from the boss without getting hit. Bubble Gun is about the shortest you can feasibly get away with for most bosses, and that thing has ludicrous DPS to make up for it; spears do not, and have even shorter range.

In my opinion, I think Spears should have a thrust attack with Left-Click, and a chargeable throw attack on Right-Click. Thrust should have a lot more DPS, and the Throw attack would be to help keep some damage on the enemy from a distance, since so many are so many bosses are so close-range-unfriendly,  especially Queen Slime.

Back
Top Bottom