Ideas for more Celestial Pillars

Awesome, and it fits the sentry class's playstyle really well (in my opinion), but I have one minor gripe. Pulsars don't shoot waves. Pulsars have giant laser beams shooting out the top and bottom, and they spin really quickly, like a lighthouse. The "pulsing" is that they seem brighter when the beam is pointed towards us. Sorry that I worded it misleadingly in the OP.

nasacontinue.jpg

neutronstar.gif

1200px-Artist%27s_concept_of_PSR_B1257%2B12_system.jpg

Pulsar.jpg
Oh sorry ;-;
But thank you for complementing my thoughts!
I hope you can add it into the mod! :D

Astronomist (Constellation Pillar)

Astronomist: A Class That Specializes In Crafting Stars Into Telescopes, This Class Is Quite Complicated, Being A Mix Of The Hermetic (Buffer Side) And Summoner, They Use Wands To Summon Constellations To Help Them In Battles (They Drain Mana While Summoned) They also have a levelling System For The Constellations, The Constellations Gaining New Skills As They Level Up, The Buffer Side Uses Small Telescopes To Buff. (Guess what this is based off of it's not really hard)

The Reason Why I Chose Astronomist For The Constellation Pillar Is Because Astronomers Study Constellations, So Yeah.
[doublepost=1517354059,1517354004][/doublepost]

Astronomist: A Class That Specializes In Crafting Stars Into Telescopes, This Class Is Quite Complicated, Being A Mix Of The Hermetic (Buffer Side) And Summoner, They Use Wands To Summon Constellations To Help Them In Battles (They Drain Mana While Summoned) They also have a levelling System For The Constellations, The Constellations Gaining New Skills As They Level Up, The Buffer Side Uses Small Telescopes To Buff. (Guess what this is based off of it's not really hard ;-;)

The Reason Why I Chose Astronomist For The Constellation Pillar Is Because Astronomers Study Constellations, So Yeah.

This Idea Might Sound Weird...
Sorry...

Pulsar Pillar (Weapons And Armour, Minions And The Pillar Itself.)

Pulsar Armour Gives You A Floating White Dwarf Star Above You, That Fires Out Pulse Waves.

Pulse Sentry
This Sentry Is A White Dwarf Star Contained In A Container, The White Dwarf Fires Out A Few Stars Out A Second At Enemies.

Finder Machine
This Sentry Is A Machine That Fires Homing Projectiles At Enemies, The Projectiles Are Small White Dwarf Stars.

Pulsar Pillar

Abillity: The Pillar Summons A Pulseing White Dwarf Above It Firing Pulse Waves.

Pillar AI.

The Normal Health Of Pillars.
Main Colour: Very Light Blue, White

Minions

Pulsator

A Tiny White Dwarf Trapped In Rocks.
It has 200 Health.
It's Attacks: Fires Small Pulsing Waves, Fires Tiny Stars.

Starankian

The Normal Looking Humanoid Minion, But With A Few Pulsators Trapped On It's Body.
It Has 200 Health.
It's Attacks: Summons A Few Pulsators On The Ground.

Album

A Big White Dwarf Star That Has Energy Dripping From It.
It Has 400 Health
It's Attacks: Shoots Out Lasers.

Dwarfite

A Cluster Of Rocks With A Few Tiny Stars Surronding It.
It Has 300 Health
It's Attacks: Fires Pulsing Waves At The Player, Also Can Rarely Summon Pulsators.
The Pulsar weapons and armor are already a reality, at least in part. What I mean is that Expanded Sentries has the Eclipse weapons, armor, and fragments that will be renamed to Pulsar in its next update. The color scheme of the pillar is nearly the same as that of the Eclipse items. Perhaps the idea came from there? The Eclipse Chaser acts like the Finder Machine. The Eclipse Breaker is similar in behavior to the Pulse Sentry.

That set bonus is something I could consider. It would really help out with on the go damage, which is something that's hard to with sentry weapons, at least without summoning a sentry on top of an enemy and possibly messing up an arena set up you have elsewhere.

The Pulsar weapons and armor are already a reality, at least in part. What I mean is that Expanded Sentries has the Eclipse weapons, armor, and fragments that will be renamed to Pulsar in its next update. The color scheme of the pillar is nearly the same as that of the Eclipse items. Perhaps the idea came from there? The Eclipse Chaser acts like the Finder Machine. The Eclipse Breaker is similar in behavior to the Pulse Sentry.

That set bonus is something I could consider. It would really help out with on the go damage, which is something that's hard to with sentry weapons, at least without summoning a sentry on top of an enemy and possibly messing up an arena set up you have elsewhere.
I've never heard of the Eclipse Items Before, I just started it by thought D:
[doublepost=1517399935,1517399857][/doublepost]

Astronomist: A Class That Specializes In Crafting Stars Into Telescopes, This Class Is Quite Complicated, Being A Mix Of The Hermetic (Buffer Side) And Summoner, They Use Wands To Summon Constellations To Help Them In Battles (They Drain Mana While Summoned) They also have a levelling System For The Constellations, The Constellations Gaining New Skills As They Level Up, The Buffer Side Uses Small Telescopes To Buff. (Guess what this is based off of it's not really hard)

[doublepost=1517354059,1517354004][/doublepost]

This Idea Might Sound Weird...
Sorry...

Or Maybe It could just stick to being just a summoner class?
And It Could Be Quite Weak In Some Places

Wait... I got an idea!
Maybe We could make PIllars Fall Into Categories!
Solar (Melee)
(In Melee Category)
Gas Giant (Fisher)
Planetary (Yoyo)
(Could You Help Me Add More?)

Nebula (Magic)
(In Magic Category)
Aurora (Aura)
Moon (Disc)
Artist (Comet)
Asteroid (Gem Magician)

Stardust (Summoner)
(In Summoner Category)
Constellation (Astronomer)
Teseract (Illusionist)
Pulsar (Sentry)

Vortex (Range)
(In Range Category)
Gravity (Ninja)
Quasar (Thrower)
Meteorite (Gunner)
(Again Can You Help Me Add More?)

Shooting Star (Bard) (Insert shooting stars)
(In Bard Category)
Star (Performer)
Galaxy (Cantor) (Idk Why)
(I need help with more)

Celestial (Healer/Radiant)
White Hole (Hermetic/ Buffer Part)
Black Hole (Hermetic/ Debuffer Part)
Steller Nursary (Medic) (May Sound The Same As The Healer Class, But It Has Buffs And Also Has To Stand In One Place For A Few Seconds, Also You Can Heal And Boost The Power Of Minions For A Few Seconds.)
[doublepost=1517438572,1517438139][/doublepost]Performer: A Class That Is Multi-Handled, Having Two Forms Attack And Buff, Attack Uses Performing Equipment To Use Different Abillities To Attack, The Buffer Side Sings Making Spotlights Appear Above Players Doing There Respective Effects.

Cantor: A Class That Only Really Specalizes In Buffs, They Use Bard Weapons To Help Them In Fights, But Overall They Use Scripts To Buff Players Around Them.
[doublepost=1517438717][/doublepost]
Wait... I got an idea!
Solar (Melee)
(In Melee Category)
Gas Giant (Fisher)
Planetary (Yoyo)

Nebula (Magic)
(In Magic Category)
Aurora (Aura)
Moon (Disc)
Artist (Comet)
Asteroid (Gem Magician)

Stardust (Summoner)
(In Summoner Category)
Teseract (Illusionist)
Pulsar (Sentry)

Vortex (Range)
(In Range Category)
Gravity (Ninja)
Quasar (Thrower)
Meteorite (Gunner)

(In Bard Category)
Star (Performer)
(I need help with more)

Steller Nursary (Medic) (May Sound The Same As The Healer Class, But It Has Buffs And Also Has To Stand In One Place For A Few Seconds, Also You Can Heal And Boost The Power Of Minions For A Few Seconds.)
[doublepost=1517438572,1517438139][/doublepost]Performer: A Class That Is Multi-Handled, Having Two Forms Attack And Buff, Attack Uses Performing Equipment To Use Different Abillities To Attack, The Buffer Side Sings Making Spotlights Appear Above Players Doing There Respective Effects.

Cantor: A Class That Only Really Specalizes In Buffs, They Use Bard Weapons To Help Them In Fights, But Overall They Use Scripts To Buff Players Around Them.

Performer Has Techniques Like The Artist Class, Singing And Performing Techniques Like, For Example The Pop Technique Could Make The Buffs Stronger And Only Increases The Speed Of The Buffed Person And So On.

Wait... I got an idea!
Solar (Melee)
(In Melee Category)
Gas Giant (Fisher)
Planetary (Yoyo)

Nebula (Magic)
(In Magic Category)
Aurora (Aura)
Moon (Disc)
Artist (Comet)
Asteroid (Gem Magician)

Stardust (Summoner)
(In Summoner Category)
Teseract (Illusionist)
Pulsar (Sentry)

Vortex (Range)
(In Range Category)
Gravity (Ninja)
Quasar (Thrower)
Meteorite (Gunner)

(In Bard Category)
Star (Performer)
(I need help with more)

[doublepost=1517438717][/doublepost]

Performer Has Techniques Like The Artist Class, Singing And Performing Techniques Like, For Example The Pop Technique Could Make The Buffs Stronger And Only Increases The Speed Of The Buffed Person And So On.
I really like the idea for a performer class. However it would be more interesting if the attacks as well had attack counterparts (I.e. the spotlights against a boss with function like energy beams)

Thanks for awesome info about the stars! It was really interesting.

You probably already know what a gas giant is; it's a huge planet made of gas, like Neptune or Jupiter. But my idea for a fishing-themed pillar is more than just that; it's a rogue planet with a bottomless ocean. A rogue planet is a planet that orbits the galaxy's center directly, instead of orbiting a star. Even though they don't have stars to keep them warm, they can still have liquid water oceans if their atmospheres are thick enough, thanks to geothermal energy. These planets could harbor a multitude of unimaginably strange aquatic life, which only a master fisherman could wrangle-- especially since they'd be accustomed to the pull of much stronger gravity.
It would be cool if Gas Pillar created a giant sphere of water around itself. Or atleast some field that acts like liquid (so you need swim in it and slowly loosing air)
btw, I suggest that Gas Pillar monters should be called "Gigas", cuz it have both "Giant" and "Gas".
For example: "Gigas Kraken"
This monster shoots high dmg projectiles. While in "water" it has insane life regeneration, but actually looses hp outside of water. It has no knockback immunity.
How to beat it?
1) Attack kraken with a lot of burst dmg, so you kill it before it regens.
2) Knockback it out of water.
3) A-a-and... Using battlerods (fisherman class) pull it out of water! ~:happy:

Or possibly make are own variation of the Lunarians.
You mean "our" own. "Are" is a form of "be", while "our" means "belonging to us".

And sure, making a boss rush with bosses themed after each pillar sounds cool. We would have to be careful not to make it too similar, though.

I don't neccesarily like the idea of 12 pillars in a world, what if you made them come in phases? 3 Phases with 4 pillars in each phase, maybe if you added a time limit, then added bosses of different strengths for each phase you beat, Phase 1:Moonlord, then Phase 2:Stronger then moonlord, and Phase 3:Stronger then the Phase 2 boss. Also adding 2 extra endgame bosses would add a fair amount of post game and give the moonlord items a use.

I don't neccesarily like the idea of 12 pillars in a world, what if you made them come in phases? 3 Phases with 4 pillars in each phase, maybe if you added a time limit, then added bosses of different strengths for each phase you beat, Phase 1:Moonlord, then Phase 2:Stronger then moonlord, and Phase 3:Stronger then the Phase 2 boss. Also adding 2 extra endgame bosses would add a fair amount of post game and give the moonlord items a use.
That's not what is intended. IT won't be 12 pillars at once it'll be 4 random pillars out of possible 12, where the fragments can still be crafted into any other fragment

Ah, ok! So that way you would have to do the event multiple times to get every bit and piece of everything. That makes much more sense.

You mean "our" own. "Are" is a form of "be", while "our" means "belonging to us".

And sure, making a boss rush with bosses themed after each pillar sounds cool. We would have to be careful not to make it too similar, though.
Thank you for correcting my english! (I do appreciate it)
Also are you gonna add my Pillar ideas? (If not I shall understand it!)

EDIT: So I have an idea, you summon the Boss Rush Summon At Night, One Of The Pillar Themed Bosses Come Out Of No Where And You Have To Fight Them, Then When You've Defeated That One, Another One Appears, Also The Hermetic Themed Pillar Bosses (Black And White Hole) Are In A Pair

Back
Top Bottom