If you could expand any part(s) of Terraria, what would it be?

PocketMarcy

Terrarian
Drawing 36.png
Terraria has many mechanics, environments, items, and critters. But some parts of the game leave more to desire for some. If you could expand any part of Terraria, which of your favorite part(s) would you personally pick? (There are no bad suggestions, unless you are talking about boulders.)

I'd love it if the Re-Logic Team would give some more love to certain melee weapons like phasesabers and the breaker blade to make the melee class a bit more diverse in its options.

I'd also like an extension to the ocean and a desert-exclusive boss, and maybe an extension to the granite and marble mini-biomes (especially marble) to make them more worthwhile to explore.

I’d love complete freedom in world Gen. There could be a basic settings (the one that exists now, plus the new seed menu) and advanced settings, which lets you pick which world Gen steps (placing traps, generating bees) would happen. You’d also be able to turn on replace block, which can replace specific tileIDs with others, and also add paint. (CMK10 can!) maybe even a flat world option similar to how some minecraft versions let you. (Also letting you pick layers)

I really like this idea, and I might make this a mod. Biome Duke Fishrons. DF's that have special effects and drops depending on the biome that corrupted the ocean. for example, the Hallowed Fishron having sparkly bubbles that explode, scattering crystal shards that arc into the air before falling back to the ground. The weapon said Fishron would drop would be a Summoner Weapon that summons tiny Pigrons that shoot crystal shards that shatter, similar to the attack the HDF would drop.

I want cavern oceans. Thorium's got a deep ocean and it's great.
1.4 did add a chance for tunnels to generate beneath the Ocean, and added unique biome backgrounds for the Underground layer just beneath it, so this concept has been explored in some capacity. The Ocean biome itself should probably be slightly wider to accommodate more detail to the underground below.

Early Pre-Hardmode & Post Skeletron. Those two areas need some love, especially The Early game because I personally find it frustratingly slow. However an improved Ocean biome would be cool as well.

Back
Top Bottom