Mobile Image render problem

Whenever I try booting up Terraria, it loads all image files incorrectly or said image files are corrupted. This is for the current Amazon version of Terraria, 1.2.12785. Here are a couple screenshots: IMG_20160804_055618.jpg
IMG_20160804_055716.jpg
Also note I'm running Android 4.0.3.
(Sorry for creating an account just to state a bug. ;A; )

There are others on the Amazon version that are having texture issues as well, and 505 Games is aware of it. Here is what 505 has said within the last couple weeks, so hopefully there will be a fix for it soon.
Our gut feeling is that a fix requires the assets to be re-installed. Given that dracobot1223 save is local, our next update will have the functionality to back-up the local save to the cloud. The game can then be re-installed, assets fixed and save game available via the cloud. A Google Account will be required though.

We are also going to force the assets to unpack in the next by increasing the sprite version number which may also fix the issue without the need to use the back-up functionality.

Whenever I try booting up Terraria, it loads all image files incorrectly or said image files are corrupted. This is for the current Amazon version of Terraria, 1.2.12785. Here are a couple screenshots: View attachment 132065
View attachment 132066

Amazon version in External QA and all being well will be submitted in the next day or so.

Whenever I try booting up Terraria, it loads all image files incorrectly or said image files are corrupted. This is for the current Amazon version of Terraria, 1.2.12785. Here are a couple screenshots: View attachment 132065
View attachment 132066

Has this rectified itself in the new update?

I tried the new update, the glitch wasn't patched. More info is whenever I try to make a Expanded world, Terraria says that I have less than 1GB of memory. I know I don't have 512MB of memory, as I was able to actually create one. :p
Reinstalling the game doesn't help either, if you are wondering.

Last edited:
I tried the new update, the glitch wasn't patched. More info is whenever I try to make a Expanded world, Terraria says that I have less than 1GB of memory. I know I don't have 512MB of memory, as I was able to actually create one. :p
Reinstalling the game doesn't help either, if you are wondering.
Sorry to hear that Squirrel.

Can you post new screenshots of the trouble, and also include a shot of the screen that shows the update number (on my iPad I choose "Settings" to show that, yours might be "Options").

And then what device are you using? For instance my device is an iPad Air 2 iOS running 8.4.1

From what I can tell, absolutely NOTHING has changed about the graphics, but as you wish, new screenshots:
IMG_20160829_034359.jpg IMG_20160829_034549.jpg
and the version number of Terraria as requested:
IMG_20160829_034703.jpg
Terraria 1.2.12801.
And I have a Acer A200 running Android 4.0.2 with 1GB RAM. Terraria seems to think that I have less than 1GB or RAM for some reason though.
If you needed some screenshots of the version number of my tablet, etc., I will post them as needed in a different comment.

You're right Squirrel, that looks like nothing's changed, what a bummer. Most of these texture problems were fixed with the last update, I'm out of ideas why yours isn't working. And you've already tried reinstalling the game, plus 505 Games mentioned they were going to try to force assets to reload in the update.

I'd suggest opening a ticket with 505 Games directly to see if they can troubleshoot it better with you, and maybe your case will help them find something that is still needing to be fixed. You'll need to sign up in order to open a ticket: https://support.505games.com/support/home

Sorry I wasn't more help.

Back
Top Bottom