• Yes, expand this into hardmode!

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Nah, leave it there.

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bub

Golem
So yes, I get it, the whole "making thrower an actual class" idea seems to be a "trend" right now.
But I feel that my ideas aren't just duplicates of the other ideas? i dunno, i'll let you be the judge of that.
I do think that thrower really needs to be implemented though.
The Bone Glove was so cool while it was useful, and don't even get me started on the javelins.
So let's get right into it.

(Pre-Hardmode)

UvWYKrF.png

Molten Dagger

Crafted: 1 Hellstone Bar = 75 @ Iron/Lead Anvil.

Throwing Damage - 29
Knockback - 1.5
Critical Chance - 6%
Use Time - 11 (Very Fast)
Velocity - 10
Sell - 15 Copper
Has a 20% chance to ignite enemies on hit. Pierces enemies.

icJ7cij.png

Molten Javelin

Crafted: 1 Hellstone Bar = 45 @ Iron/Lead Anvil.

Throwing Damage - 33 (5 Penetration Damage per second)
Knockback - 5.5
Critical Chance - 6%
Use Time - 24 (Fast)
Velocity - 12
Sell - 25 Copper
Has a 20% chance to ignite enemies on hit.

LAQeJAN.png

Honeyed Throwing Knife

Bought: Randomly sold by the Travelling Merchant (After Queen Bee has been defeated) for 8 Silver.

Throwing Damage - 8
Knockback - 1.5
Critical Chance - 3%
Use Time - 24 (Fast)
Velocity - 10
Sell - 4 Silver
Heals 5 HP every 20 damage dealt. Pierces enemies.

SvZvfrz.png

Cursed Bone Band

Dropped: 15% Chance to drop from Skeletron.

20% Chance to throw a Bone Throwing Knife alongside the currently thrown item.

3fuGozo.png

Thrower Emblem i realized that hardmode activates around 5 - 20 seconds after WoF is defeated.

Dropped: 12.5% Chance to drop from The Wall of Flesh.

15% Increased throwing damage.

el5T05c.png

Cursed Heart Necklace

Crafted: Cursed Bone Band + Panic Necklace @ Tinkerer's Workshop.

Fires 2 thrown items instead of 1 when at 30% HP or lower.

(Pre-Hardmode Changes)

Fossil_Helmet.png
- Now provides 5 Defense.
Fossil_Plate.png
- Now provides 7 Defense.
Fossil_Greaves.png
- Now provides 5 Defense.

Throwing_Knife.png
- Can now be crafted at an Anvil. 1 Ebonwood/Shadewood, 1 Iron/Lead bar = 15

3/17/16 - Molten Javelin now costs 1 Molten Bar to craft 45 instead of 2 Molten Bars to craft 15, and the Molten Dagger costs 1 Molten Bar to craft 75 instead of 15.
Molten Dagger can now pierce enemies.
Molten Javelin's 10% chance to ignite enemies increased to 20%
Added Cursed Bone Band.
Added Thrower Emblem.
Added Cursed Heart Necklace.
Added Crafting Station specifics.

It has been decided.
This suggestion will be expanded into hardmode shortly.
Also feel free to suggest changes as well as more ideas.

Last edited:
Molten Dagger is a big step up and it's powerful enough, but Javelin is far too weak. 10% chance to ignite enemies on hit is really insignificant. On Fire! debuff itself is very weak even in pre-Hardmode, it might as well not exist really. Having that instead of the ensured Penetrated from Bone Javelin and then only having a bit more damage on top ensures Molten Javelin would never see use.

They also both need to be made in way larger quantities. Bone Throwing Knives are made 25 at a time so I'd suggest three times that for Molten Dagger at 75. Same ratio for Molten Javelins at 45 per bar.

Molten Dagger is a big step up and it's powerful enough, but Javelin is far too weak. 10% chance to ignite enemies on hit is really insignificant. On Fire! debuff itself is very weak even in pre-Hardmode, it might as well not exist really. Having that instead of the ensured Penetrated from Bone Javelin and then only having a bit more damage on top ensures Molten Javelin would never see use.

They also both need to be made in way larger quantities. Bone Throwing Knives are made 25 at a time so I'd suggest three times that for Molten Dagger at 75. Same ratio for Molten Javelins at 45 per bar.

Actually, "Throwing Damage - 33 (5 Damage per second)" 5 damage per second meant it did 5 penetration damage per second.
So as an example, the Bone Javelin does 3 penetration damage per second, which is why the Molten Javelin has a smaller chance of igniting.
Although, i do agree with your crafting suggestion, so i'll change that now.
Thanks.

These ideas are pretty vanilla, and I like that.
My ideas are:
Spore Bag- 1x Jungle Spore, at a Bottle/Alchemy Station, makes 12.
Powder-style non-piercing weapon.

Thorn Dagger- 6x Jungle Spores + 2x Stingers, at an Anvil, makes 50
Jungle Javelin- 6x Jungle Spores + 1x Stinger + 2x Vine, at an Anvil, makes 30.

Then different daggers and javelins for hardmode ores and imbues. Post-Plantera, there should be a new group, possibly Storm, which uses drops from a new sky enemy.

These ideas are pretty vanilla, and I like that.
My ideas are:
Spore Bag- 1x Jungle Spore, at a Bottle/Alchemy Station, makes 12.
Powder-style non-piercing weapon.

Thorn Dagger- 6x Jungle Spores + 2x Stingers, at an Anvil, makes 50
Jungle Javelin- 6x Jungle Spores + 1x Stinger + 2x Vine, at an Anvil, makes 30.

Then different daggers and javelins for hardmode ores and imbues. Post-Plantera, there should be a new group, possibly Storm, which uses drops from a new sky enemy.

Don't get me wrong, i love these ideas, i just think that maybe the thrower has enough throwing weapons in pre-hardmode?
i only added the molten items and the honeyed throwing knife to make it easier to beat certain bosses/enemies, such as the wall of flesh.

Don't get me wrong, i love these ideas, i just think that maybe the thrower has enough throwing weapons in pre-hardmode?
i only added the molten items and the honeyed throwing knife to make it easier to beat certain bosses/enemies, such as the wall of flesh.

These items won't make it easier to kill the Wall of Flesh when Beenades, throwing weapons, are hands down the best weapon against it already.

These items won't make it easier to kill the Wall of Flesh when Beenades, throwing weapons, are hands down the best weapon against it already.

I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up nerfing it in the near future though.
I mean, look at the molotovs, they were nerfed due to how easy they could be obtained and how easy it was to defeat WoF with them.

I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up nerfing it in the near future though.
I mean, look at the molotovs, they were nerfed due to how easy they could be obtained and how easy it was to defeat WoF with them.

That's speculation, it's also not very likely considering it didn't happen in the same patch where Molotovs were nerfed to :red:.

Beenades aren't all that easy to make in large numbers anyway so they're fine regardless. I was just pointing out that if pre-Hardmode has enough throwing weapons (it kinda does) and that his suggestions cause clutter, than in the same vein yours do as well.

That's speculation, it's also not very likely considering it didn't happen in the same patch where Molotovs were nerfed to :red:.

Beenades aren't all that easy to make in large numbers anyway so they're fine regardless. I was just pointing out that if pre-Hardmode has enough throwing weapons (it kinda does) and that his suggestions cause clutter, than in the same vein yours do as well.

These weren't only meant to make it easier to fight WoF, they were made to give throwing more variety in pre-hardmode.
You could fight WoF with many different magic weapons, but if beenades are the only real and easiest way to beat WoF, then there isn't much variety to late pre-hardmode.

These weren't only meant to make it easier to fight WoF, they were made to give throwing more variety in pre-hardmode.
You could fight WoF with many different magic weapons, but if beenades are the only real and easiest way to beat WoF, then there isn't much variety to late pre-hardmode.

That's just kinda how pre-Hardmode it is. Speaking for Expert mode, most melee weapons are not viable at all. Even as a melee class with Molten Armor, your ranged/magic options will be more effective than say, your flail. Night's Edge is suicidal because your damage output is too low and you're basically inviting Wall of Flesh to outrun you once you do deal some damage.

That's just kinda how pre-Hardmode it is. Speaking for Expert mode, most melee weapons are not viable at all. Even as a melee class with Molten Armor, your ranged/magic options will be more effective than say, your flail. Night's Edge is suicidal because your damage output is too low and you're basically inviting Wall of Flesh to outrun you once you do deal some damage.

There are some "ranged" melee weapons in pre-hardmode, such as the starfury, bee keeper, enchanted sword, etc.
I do see your point though, pre-hardmode isn't really meant to be "class-specific", and hardmode is usually where classes become an important role.

Well, Pre-HM is nothing short of variety. We have earlymode ore bows, which are usually glossed over until gold/platinum/demon/crimtane. All the wood types have a small set, including armor. The magic mirror has the functionally identical ice mirror for the ice chests. The list just goes on.

Well, Pre-HM is nothing short of variety. We have earlymode ore bows, which are usually glossed over until gold/platinum/demon/crimtane. All the wood types have a small set, including armor. The magic mirror has the functionally identical ice mirror for the ice chests. The list just goes on.

I never meant that it was lacking variety, i meant it was lacking variety for the throwing class.
thrower has enough equipment to get him into hardmode, sure, just he doesn't have enough variety.

Back
Top Bottom