Game Mechanics Improving wires

Blacklawn

Terrarian
Sometimes, I find that even with the 3 available wire colors wiring configurations are very limited and often require a lot of additional wire to circumvent previous wire connections. My suggestion is the following: add a tool (or improve the wrench's functionality) to allow same-colored wires to cross without getting connected. For example, if you use the wrench again on a block with a same-color crossing repeatedly, it will cycle through the following configurations:

wires_zps170fd2db.png

Also, I think wires are unreasonably expensive. What do you think?

1. Each color uses their own respective layer in the game. I'm not sure how the configuration on your criss-cross will work on the coding side.

2. Wires can be obtained by the bucket load in Dungeons and Temples. By the time you are using wires for 3000~ blocks scale project, you should have more than enough coins to procure them anyway.

1. Each color uses their own respective layer in the game. I'm not sure how the configuration on your criss-cross will work on the coding side.

And?

There's nothing otherworldly about this addition to the mechanics, and the different layers are irrelevant. You'd just have to use the wrench of the respective color of the layer you're trying to change, or something like that.

2. Wires can be obtained by the bucket load in Dungeons and Temples. By the time you are using wires for 3000~ blocks scale project, you should have more than enough coins to procure them anyway.

It's still a nuisance when you want to build a teleporter from the center of the map to a very distant place on a large world, let alone a more complex network of teleporters to several distant locations. Still, the price is not such a big deal.

Last edited:
i know this is probably a good idea, but i am aginst wiring for teleporters!
i mean, they can make teleporters be so expensive or hard to make but when you own it, it shouldnt be so hard and time consuming to use them, i mean wouldnt it be easier and better if you could insert gems in the teleporters and they will take you to the other teleporters with the same gem colour (and if you used 3 teleporters with the same gem colour it will take you to the one that you made first, in a chronological meter) because the need to wire between every 2 teleporters beats the reason of using teleporters D:

i mean, they can make teleporters be so expensive or hard to make but when you own it, it shouldnt be so hard and time consuming to use them, i mean wouldnt it be easier and better if you could insert gems in the teleporters and they will take you to the other teleporters with the same gem colour (and if you used 3 teleporters with the same gem colour it will take you to the one that you made first, in a chronological meter) because the need to wire between every 2 teleporters beats the reason of using teleporters D:

Well, you're only supposed to make that trip on your first visit to the teleporting destination, either way. Wireless teleporters would be great, but the wireless device would have to be very expensive and should use an ID number instead of gems, because there are too few different gem types. It's best to have both options.

Wrong. It doesn't beat the reason. They are meant to be balanced. You spend time building the teleporter that you would otherwise use travelling. If you use the teleporter enough, you have saved more time than you put in.

Well, you're only supposed to make that trip on your first visit to the teleporting destination, either way. Wireless teleporters would be great, but the wireless device would have to be very expensive and should use an ID number instead of gems, because there are too few different gem types. It's best to have both options.
yeah, i tought of that aswell, but it was the only thing i can think of that might work, and btw, about the wiring adventure from point A1 to A2, its always boring as its not challanging, and it takes alot of time, you run out of wires, placing wires at a wrong direction, getting knocked back by enemies, and somtimes getting distracted >w<.
but still, i tottaly agree with you

Wrong. It doesn't beat the reason. They are meant to be balanced. You spend time building the teleporter that you would otherwise use travelling. If you use the teleporter enough, you have saved more time than you put in.
i know, for example going to hell from surface takes 8 minutes, but building a teleporter from surface to hell takes 18 minutes, i know that if you spend the 18 minutes building the teleporter it will give you the ability to save all the other 8 minutes of you running down to hell, but no matter what, the 8 minutes of you going down by your self are always more fun since you might bump into a box or some underground beehives etc...,and you will have to make the first trip down by yourself eaither way, with wires or "gems", just that the gems will save you from one-hell-of-an annoying situation, and will be more like a checkpoint in other games. owo

Back
Top Bottom