**REPORTED** In getfixedboi there's a 1 block layer right above the underworld that spawns cavern enemies

firecat666

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
GOG
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows XP
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I ran into this in a medium world in 1.4.4.5, close to the center of the world (around the distance the spawn point is). Though I think I made this world in 1.4.4.2, not sure.

I stumbled upon this after clearing a very large area to make an arena, so I had artifical spawning surfaces instead of the natural mushroom ones. If you stand on the horizontal layer where the depth meter says 2162' Underworld, this exact layer will spawn cavern height enemies (grey slimes, warrior/archer skeletons, bats, etc). The layer immediately above it will spawn surface enemies (slimes, zombies, rain monsters, etc) and the surface immediately below will spawn underworld enemies.

I don't know if this issue is carried over from dontdigup seed or if it's specific to getfixedboi. Also my operating system is windows vista, not xp, but I doubt this has anything to do with anything.

I was trying to figure out what determines height-based spawns, if it's the height of the player or the height of the spawning surface, so I could make a monster farm at a boundary and get spawns from two different heights with minimum effort instead of making two separate farms in each height, and the easiest place where I could clean a screen-sized hole of all blocks was the underworld boundary.

I'm guessing this bug might have something to do with rounding of numbers when the game switches from normal spawning rules to the inverted rules of dontdigup, so I wouldn't be surprised if this affected other height boundaries or if it only affected medium-sized worlds.

Could you share the seed? I'm interested on using that phenomenon
Because the world is using a special seed, the exact seed of the world is not available. You can generate a new special world using the seed getfixedboi, but it won't be exactly the same world as firecat666 is playing on.

Could you share the seed? I'm interested on using that phenomenon
If you want to play with this before it's fixed, create your own getfixedboi or dontdigup world then build a spawn platform around 150 blocks from the world bottom.
If you're spawning underground or surface enemies, then build it lower. If you're spawning hell enemies, build it higher.

If you want to play with this before it's fixed, create your own getfixedboi or dontdigup world then build a spawn platform around 150 blocks from the world bottom.
If you're spawning underground or surface enemies, then build it lower. If you're spawning hell enemies, build it higher.
Because the world is using a special seed, the exact seed of the world is not available. You can generate a new special world using the seed getfixedboi, but it won't be exactly the same world as firecat666 is playing on.
i didn't think before writing down my comment lmao, ye i already completed legendary without armour, idk why didn't came to my mind that the seed hes playing wouldn't
be overwritten by the getfixedboi seed

Back
Top Bottom