PC In your opinion, what areas could use revisits?

ZeroTakenaka

Terrarian
As we all know, the Underground Desert will be revisited in 1.3.3. Finally, an area worthy of exploring! The Underground Desert has never been a place that was fully fleshed out with gear when it was made.

Personally, I think Hell could use a revisit. Once you're in hardmode, there's little point of revisiting it again. What's your opinion?

I was just thinking the same thing! It's not that the underworld feels incomplete or anything, but it struck me recently how once you do the Wall of Flesh (perhaps a few times) there's little if any reason to go back. It seems kind of a waste.

The other biome I would like to see developed a little more is the ocean, but it's kind of a weird case since it occupies such a small part of the map. I'm not sure how much could really be done without changing the design significantly.

As we all know, the Underground Desert will be revisited in 1.3.3. Finally, an area worthy of exploring! The Underground Desert has never been a place that was fully fleshed out with gear when it was made.

Personally, I think Hell could use a revisit. Once you're in hardmode, there's little point of revisiting it again. What's your opinion?
corruption

The Hallow kinda fell out of focus starting with 1.2.
Maybe it, along with the Corruption and Crimson, could afford to have some new stuff, seeing as they're a pretty major thing.

Hell has been getting attention, with little bits of adjustment to the houses here and there. The outlands could use some tweaking though. Also on the other side of things, Sky Islands could use a little touch up, they're mostly the same as they were in 1.2 (not counting skylakes). Also when is the last time I they did something in the snow?

I would say Marble caves, there are only two enemies there with one being hardmode only. Also the pre-hardmode sky area (maybe space too?), for how It's pretty much the other half of your entire world with only two things to do; look for a floating island and farm harpies, that's it there is not alot you could do up there. I mean feathers are great and all but that's only for two potions that are mainly used to explore more parts of it that are just filled with more harpies and maybe two other floating islands.

I would have to say the sky & space... Not a whole lot changed in those. Beyond that I would say the marble/granite biomes. :dryadsmile:

I would say Marble caves, there are only two enemies there with one being hardmode only. Also the pre-hardmode sky area (maybe space too?), for how It's pretty much the other half of your entire world with only two things to do; look for a floating island and farm harpies, that's it there is not alot you could do up there. I mean feathers are great and all but that's only for two potions that are mainly used to explore more parts of it that are just filled with more harpies and maybe two other floating islands.
The sky is nowhere near 'half of the entire world'. The whole surface isn't even close to half your entire world. Everything from first spawn to the top of the map is a narrow band running across the top of the world.
Maybe that's the biome that needs revisiting, the Cavern level. way more than the fair share of cool world features got stuck on the surface, with the majority of the map mostly featureless rock caves broken up by a few cabins and the occasional blue mushrooms. Could we get a boss for that giant space, maybe some new special features like minidungeons or trapped treasure chest rooms? Underground forests, too, wood shouldn't be only available from one fifteenth of the map.
And anything I say goes for the snow too, they're basically the same thing with different colors.

The sky is nowhere near 'half of the entire world'. The whole surface isn't even close to half your entire world. Everything from first spawn to the top of the map is a narrow band running across the top of the world.
Maybe that's the biome that needs revisiting, the Cavern level. way more than the fair share of cool world features got stuck on the surface, with the majority of the map mostly featureless rock caves broken up by a few cabins and the occasional blue mushrooms. Could we get a boss for that giant space, maybe some new special features like minidungeons or trapped treasure chest rooms? Underground forests, too, wood shouldn't be only available from one fifteenth of the map.
And anything I say goes for the snow too, they're basically the same thing with different colors.

Basically you knew what I meant when I wrote that, a semi big piece of your world and It only has two enemies (three if you count the probe) which like the marble biome being hard mode and semi rare. The Cavern like you said could use something extra like a underground forest, but other than that you got plenty of things to do there. The Sky? Not so much.

Would like to see some enemies in the pyramids, like a Pharaoh mage that guards the chest and fly's on a magic carpet?

Hmm This is an important question to me with respect to making the world feel more complete even if it is limited as part of the allure of Terraria is exploring the world finding what is there in order to progress then going back to see how it changed later after progression influences major events across the world. Thus every area should have a reason to return there.

As of now the main major biome candidates are likely The Ocean and Hell additionally you could make an argument that some more subtle aspects of the corruption crimson and possibly hallow could be warranted to make the places feel more alive as they spread through the world. Particularly their underground portions) are likely the biggest cases of lackluster revisits.

The ocean really suffers from limited unique content outside of Duke Fisheron in late hardmode and several prehardmode enemies moreover if the hardmode biomes spread to it while it will still be able to spawn ocean mobs as of 1.3 they no longer spawn with the same frequency. Before Duke it mainly serves as the best place to find Water chests however this is not guaranteed and they can generate anywhere in the watery part of the world. Now I already posted a suggestion back in 1.2 along with some others.

Hell or the underworld is amazing prehardmode and a vital component of progression, however there isn't really any incentive to go back outside of two new enemies that only spawn post mech and drop some rather lackluster items. Lava Bats share the Hell bats drop pool and behavior and Red Devils weapon drop is... exceedingly lackluster compared to the magic weapons crafted from the mechs. The flame wings aren't bad but considering how ice wings are far easier to get and don't require you to go out of your way it doesn't have enough draw to the area.

The spreading biomes aesthetically don't seem to be on the same level as some others and are quite unequal in their enemies for instance the corruption, particularly the underground corruption, lacks any water enemies outside of normal cavern foes and corrupt goldfish which are a joke by that point of the game even on expert. in fact I feel that behavior wise The underground Corruption is probably the easiest of the hardmode underground biomes as of its unique enemies Corruptor's projectiles can be destroyed and they have predictable AI. World Feeder's are just larger worms with no special traits other than dropping cursed flames(Seriously they can't even inflict cursed inferno) and The slimes are well slimes. This leaves Clingers as the only major threat outside of the normal hardmode Cavern foes particularly when entering large caves where they are most effective.

The crimson underground is even more limited as blood feeders and blood jellies only spawn in water Leaving only Floaty Gross and Ichor Stickers along with the standard cavern foes as threats out of the water. And let us not forget Ichor Stickers suicidal tactics near lava it is almost more effective to just ignore them in the lava caverns if they can't reach you and come back to pick up the souls/ichor/keys later... (the only enemies here that don't suicide in lava are Crimson Axes and Floaty Gross)

As for hallow same deal with the lava layer and it doesn't even have any unique water mobs.The slime are quite simple behaviorally so the main unique foe is the Chaos elemental with its teleportation ability. Really all three of these rely primarily on the normal cavern mobs to be a threat to a player. It just feels thematically off for these cavern foes to be so dominate over the evil biome enemies in threat levels. (Giant Bats=Confusion, Armored Skeletons=Broken Armor, Skeleton Archer=range+DOT)
Sure their are the biome mimics but they only attack if attacked first and can be summoned by the player intentionally so...

As for the Cavern it could indeed use more mini biomes in particular I would love to see more attention towards the behavior of mosses as they are currently only aesthetic in nature and are mostly destroyed by the hardmode spreading biomes. They could at least be given the ability to be planted outside of the Staff of Regrowth. Considering the mechanics are in place that would be a very small fix say have the Dryad sell them perhaps at night? Also rather than destroying moss perhaps the evil biomes could convert it to corrupted/crimsoned/hallowed moss as well(perfect for growing pesky thorns or other features to liven up the caverns ;) )

Fire Moss Granite and Marble caves however certainly could use attention. Fire moss is non-renewable, pretty and destroyed by corruption. And Marble/Granite caves lack real incentives outside of building materials (Javelins and the Medusa head are nice but I can't see them alone as being worth it.
Considering the greek inspiration of the marble caves there are so many good possibilities to add enemies down there! And the granite biome is limited to only two drops(though the renewable granite is really really nice and probably my favorite building material but that isn't enough of an excuse) They should have at least one water enemy for prehardmode and hardmode respectively in my opinion...(and then at least 2-3 optional unique drop gear) As that feels about right in terms of visitation incentive...

I think the hallow could use a revisit, I don't think that they have the achievements for making an entire world crimson, corruption, and hallow! i have played PS4 and XBox 360 versions, and they both have those achievements! they really need to explore crimson, corruption, and hallow! Once your in hardmode, going to them is just pointless after you have all of the things you need with those souls!

I think the hallow could use a revisit, I don't think that they have the achievements for making an entire world crimson, corruption, and hallow! i have played PS4 and XBox 360 versions, and they both have those achievements! they really need to explore crimson, corruption, and hallow! Once your in hardmode, going to them is just pointless after you have all of the things you need with those souls!
Y'know, unless you want to make ammo or flasks out of their materials.
And that's just about it.

Well, they really need a revisit after plantera its just pointless! because then, you can get chlorophyte bullets!!!
Chlorophyte bullets do less damage than Cursed, Ichor, Venom (the three of which have extra effects that add even more damage), and Luminite (which is great for crowds). Crystal's a bit lower, but the shrapnel compensates.

Chlorophyte's only strength is the homing, which isn't needed for most enemies if you can aim well enough.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom