PC Indie Wiki Buddy support

Kapitan

Terrarian
So recently an extension got popular called "Indie Wiki Buddy". It redirects any fandom page from a wiki to a different, official wiki (if there is one). I started using it recently due to me not wanting to support fandom following all the "drama" surrounding it. But let me get to the point:

There isn't a Terraria wiki support.

1699635834822.png

^The only wiki's that start with the letter "T".
It would be cool to see it got change since a lot of people might get confused over the fandom and wiki.gg one.

Cool! Does it work with Calamity wiki though? Because that's an even bigger problem.
While I am not interested in modded game for now, I decided to check if it does and sadly, it doesn't as shown in the picture below (every wiki starts with C, with no sign of Calamity).

1699637085494.png

I use a different extension called 'Rediret to Wiki.gg' and it does support the Official Terraria wiki (along with Calmity, Thorium, etc.).
While that does the job, Indie Wiki Buddy is more popular and will probably be the one that a person would download when they first hear about "an extension that redirects fandom wiki pages to official ones".

While that does the job, Indie Wiki Buddy is more popular and will probably be the one that a person would download when they first hear about "an extension that redirects fandom wiki pages to official ones".
I wasn't really trying to say that Redirect to Wiki.gg is better or more popular. I was just sharing a possible solution to your problem.:dryadsmile:

However, I would argue that Redirect to Wiki.gg is more popular since it’s the first Google result and supports wiki.gg wikis.

Last edited:
(To the mods: I am not sure if it fits to the topic here, so feel free to move this reply into another topic / instruct me to enter that as a profile post)

Can anyone explain me why it is said, Fandom is bad?
Is it because of spam, ads and racism?

(To the mods: I am not sure if it fits to the topic here, so feel free to move this reply into another topic / instruct me to enter that as a profile post)

The ads, mostly. Big, obtrusive, sometimes offensive or age inappropriate, track-you-everywhere ads

If you use an ad blocker, just try disabling it on a Fandom site and refresh. Curse used to be that way, when they hosted the wiki and TerrariaOnline.

And yes, wiki.gg has ads too, but they are all for games from the participating developers, and they have no tracking (which is why ad blockers don't work there)

Yeah, while wiki.gg DOES have ads, they're much less obtrusive than the ones on Fandom. Also Fandom has this permanent bar thing on the left which is basically pointless.

not only that, Fandom is also extremely buggy sometimes (even reaching Youtube or Reddit levels of broken)... seeing what y'all have also mentioned makes me kinda glad i got banned from there

Sorry for the bump, but wiki.gg support was added to Indie Wiki Buddy back in December, including the Terraria Wiki. So, happy ending. :)

1706911479362.png

Back
Top Bottom