Biomes & Nature Infernal

Prosperous

Terrarian
So this idea would feature being able get enough ash blocks from hell, Then placing them above ground causing the biome to change to a special overworld hell, same as making an overworld mushroom biome.

Some features about this biome would be that everything burns. For example, raindrops will make steam when hitting the ground and cause fog, water would evaporate, and special mobs will spawn. Im excluding the idea of lava slime or voodoo demon being in the biome but keeping the rest to spawn and some new stuff like.

Burning zombies, which are the hell variant of zombies.

Oni, which are hard mode creatures that are about twice as big as the player and are like the ogre but a weaker.

terraria infernal concept.png

Last edited:
This is a cool concept, but kind of unfitting somehow in my opinion. It could probably work though somehow.

Ok with adding.

Did you read the first sentence? It’s like a overground mushroom biome, it only spawns when u place the blocks.
Even if it was naturally generated then that would be a no no. Hell is ... hell. Only place to get hellstone.
Oh no. I didn't mean that. I meant that in case it would be necessary to put a certain amount of ash blocks and also a little hellstone to make the new artificial biome, you understand?

First thought: In your splash image, the placement of the oni's weapon is... unfortunate. ;-)

Second thought: Fire imps, hellbats, and (normal) demons are seriously OP compared to any surface biome, especially given more open space to fly/teleport/shoot. At the very least, generating the surface biome should be limited to Hardmode.

If water evaporates in the biome... to what distance? What happens if you pile a lot of ash blocks at the edge of the ocean, or at its bottom?

Then 150 blocks?

Maybe.... But this is still going along the same lines as "the Reaver Shark is OP, so we'll make it rarer instead of nerfing or gating it". You're trying to make building the biome harder, but that's a losing game, because a player can just "do what it takes" -- and get a powerful capability which is otherwise limited to the Underworld, or approximated by a single Hardmode item.

Okay, they found and/or made a 3+ screen wide area (and how deep?) with no water, so they can make a bit of hell biome. But then they can put water back on the nearby areas, because the biome isn't going to cover all of that -- and they can then channel, pump, or just scoop any inconvenient water elsewhere (perhaps some of the water they removed to make the biome) into the new hell biome to make the water disappear.

Compare that to the conventional alternatives:
  1. Find or dig out someplace to actually put the water, which will then stay there and be in the way.
  2. Use lava or honey to solidify it and mine it, which is pretty laborious even with a pump setup. See the "infinite liquids" bit on the Wiki -- the mixing chamber in the new farm I added helps a lot, but it's still limited to about 8 blocks/cycle, and then you need to mine it. It's okay for disposing of a few dozen buckets worth at a time, but limited by the time to generate more lava or honey.
  3. Dig a true hellevator to dump it down. I just dumped an ocean into the Underworld on my world (kinda the flip side of this, though with different goals), and let me tell you, digging a full hellevator/drain on a large world is a big job. Much harder than just going down there and bringing up a stack of ash.

Back
Top Bottom