Items Infinite Can of Worms

Aceplante

Official Terrarian
There is currently an endless quiver for infinite arrows, an infinite musket pouch for infinite bullets, but what about an infinite bait for fishing?

I propose an infinite Can of Worms

Maybe for balance reasons, these worms would have a fishing power of 10 instead of the normal 25 of worms, but it would be nice to have an item that technically allows for infinite fishing.

Perhaps it would be awarded by the angler after the 30th quest at a rate of 2%? It could also be combined with the tackle bag allowing for infinite fishing when equipped, but I understand if this is not possible and needs to be an ammo item instead.

EDIT: this could also be implemented as a "rubber worm" instead? whichever you prefer more: More Fishing Bait Concepts

Last edited:
There is currently an endless quiver for infinite arrows, an infinite musket pouch for infinite bullets, but what about an infinite bait for fishing?

I propose an infinite Can of Worms

Maybe for balance reasons, these worms would have a fishing power of 10 instead of the normal 25 of worms, but it would be nice to have an item that technically allows for infinite fishing.

Perhaps it would be awarded by the angler after the 30th quest at a rate of 2%? Perhaps it could be combined with the tackle bag allowing for infinite fishing when equipped, but I understand if this is not possible and needs to be an ammo item instead.
You just gave me an idea. if we could make fishing lures, we could resolve this de-bait all together.

Maybe fishing lures could be crafted at a workbench instead. These fishing lures could have an added bonus when used in a specific biome (similar to how the chumcaster gives you a bonus to catch blood moon fishing enemies)

I can think of a few examples:

1 Iron/Lead bar + 3 topaz = 3 Sturdy Lures (For Catching Armored Cavefish)

1 Demonite Bar + 3 shadow scales + 2 Rubies = 3 Dark Lures (For Ebonkoi)

1 Crimtane Bar + 3 tissue samples + 2 Rubies = 3 Grotesque Lures (For catching Hemopirrana)

1 gold bar/platinum bar + 1 silver/tungsten bar+ 3 feathers = 3 azure lures (for catching the sky fish)

1 Mythril/Oricalcum Bar + 1 soul of light + 3 crystal shards = 3 Prismantic Lures (For catching prismite)

1 Hellstone Bar + 1 iron/lead bar = 3 Devil Diver’s (For Lava Fishing)

1 frog + 3 jungle spores + 1 iron/lead bar = Topwater Popper (For catching Variegated Lardfish)

1 copper bar + 1 iron bar = Spoon (just like 20% fishing power)

1 sparkle slime balloon + 1 gold/platinum bar + 3 crystal shards = Sparkly Lure (Used to grab NPCs/players and bring them closer to you while inflicting sparkle slime debuff not actually used for fishing, but a novelty item)

The last lure idea was a joke the rest are plausible.

To balance out the easy access to these lures the player should have a heavily reduced/ no chance to catch any crates or “extremely rare” fishing drops.

Last edited:
You just gave me an idea. if we could make fishing lures, we could resolve this de-bait all together.

Maybe fishing lures could be crafted at a workbench instead. These fishing lures could have an added bonus when used in a specific biome (similar to how the chumcaster gives you a bonus to catch blood moon fishing enemies)

Sounds promising especially for quest related fishing, being able to infinitely fish without the need to get more bait while grinding for the fishing achievement might lessen the pain just a little bit

Back
Top Bottom