Infinite Hay Blocks

nachomc1473

Eye of Cthulhu
If you break grass with a sickle, it will give you some Hay (building block). And, if you have flower boots, you can build this!

Capture 2015-07-01 22_24_56.png

Just connect teleporters with wire (connect EVERYTHING, also the pressure plates) and equip the flower boots, then start attacking with the sickle and run, infinite hay :D

Why would you want TOO much hay? You can use it for building big bridges, or etc :D

I've opened lots of Jungle Crates but never found Flower Boots. Made a lot of money selling Feral Claws though.

I had to keep finding Jungle Shrines and opening Ivy Chests.

[edit] To farm infinite Hay, you don't really need anything but a Sickle and Flower Boots. Stand in one spot and keep applying the Sickle to the area where your feet are.

♩ ♬ Hay hay, bye bye. Blocks of hay will never die. ♪ ♫

Last edited:
Could be. I'd be glad if they were added in a minor update. Just one of my player characters has managed to find Flower Boots.

I made a slightly more automated version using a basic Hoik. Just hold left mouse click. (Use auto clicker or elastic band around mouse to make it fully automated)
Capture 2016-05-22 12_26_18.png

Capture 2016-05-22 12_22_31.png

Attachments

• Capture 2016-05-22 12_22_31.png
    Capture 2016-05-22 12_22_31.png
    91.7 KB · Views: 279
I made a slightly more automated version using a basic Hoik.
Did you actually test that as working? I'm surprised if so, since that top hiok keeps the player's feet suspended slightly above the ground, so I would have expected the flower boots not to activate. Anyway, it's a good idea and a few other on T-MEC had a go at optimizing this kind of hay farming system a while ago, in this thread: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/hay-farm-efficiency.39700/

There were a few different horizontal hoik designs (but bottom hoiks, to hold the feet down). Ultimately I came up with a somewhat unintuitive vertical design:
taJsS3R.jpg

Jungle grass produces more hay too. This setup (from this reply) produced 160 hay blocks per second! Possibly a little excessive. :happy:

Back
Top Bottom