Other Insensitive Achievement Title

aurf

Terrarian
Hey, I wanted to play this game but there was an achievement title "No More Hobo" on steam for making your first house and this really upset my friend who I just bought this game for. As someone who's been homeless, such an insensitive title for an achievement was enough for them to back out of playing the game. I don't think it's that big of an issue to change something like that to be more inclusive to people who've had tougher life experiences, and if that could be changed I might be able to get them to reconsider playing the game as it's something a lot of our friends really enjoy. If this is not the right place, does anyone know if there's a better path of contact for this issue?

If I’m reading this correctly, then I’m sorry for what your friend had to go through. I know a homeless position is something I can’t even begin to fathom myself. However I disagree with the change in title as I don’t see it being insulting nor disrespectful to people who have been or are homeless.

Last edited:
This isn't insulting really, but I'm glad he is now in a better place.

He shouldn't be discouraged from an achievement title, I'm sure he'd like the game.

Back
Top Bottom