Showcase Introducing - The Transmutation Workshop

Having spent 2 years reverse engineering Terraria, I'm still relatively sure that there is no bug that makes the client place an object inside another one in singleplayer, and this is the necessary first step to making the framing code apply framing to the wrong tiles.
It also shouldn't be anything special to get this working without a bast statue or campfire, as there are tens of other tiles that can change their framing dynamically, some of them may just require more math.
Must be quite the secret then! In any case, I hope it stays as secret as it currently is, as I quite enjoy this glitch and would hate to see it go.

Must be quite the secret then!
Alright I checked the code again, and it does check the target area for any existing tiles that cannot be overridden (like grass, etc) properly before placing an object, which again leads me to believe that it does still require multiplayer to set up. All of the "let a sand block fall down to break something only on your screen" issues also rely on desyncs between the server and client which, by definition, cannot happen in singleplayer because it executes what the server does as the definite game logic.

Back
Top Bottom