Showcase Introducing - The Transmutation Workshop

This build is based on the transmutation glitch and essentially allows us to spawn in any item in the game from a single keypad! This build has been a huge secret community project.

TheTransmuteWorkshopThumb_Release.png

Last edited:
Journey Mode suddenly feels useless. Seriously though, how'd you find a way to break the game this much?!

The only problem with posting something this amazing that abuses bugs on the official forums is the devs will probably see and fix it. Hopefully it's too late for it to be patched in 1.4.5. Hopefully.

Edit: They saw.

Last edited:
Journey Mode suddenly feels useless. Seriously though, how'd you find a way to break the game this much?!

The only problem with posting something this amazing that abuses bugs on the official forums is the devs will probably see and fix it. Hopefully it's too late for it to be patched in 1.4.5. Hopefully.

Question is though, will they fix it?

As it stands, you really have to go out of your way to make this thing, so nobody will happen upon it by "accident"; however, it ultimately comes down to what Re-Logic thinks.

It's pointless to go through the immense effort to fix all tile framing bugs like this, because at the end of the day you can always cheat on the game by using external tools. Nothing can stop you from using your favorite inventory editor to fill your inventory with zeniths at the start of the game.
Also, this type of bug has been known in the multiplayer community for years at this point, it's nothing new.

I don't even think this needs to be patched or removed. Not only is it  super cool but it's not like cheating in items in unprecedented. The workshop section is on the main menu and the  third category in the workshop is for All-Item worlds, for pete's sake. Not only is this not the only way to cheat, but it is by far the most complicated one, and the easiest one is right on the front page. People who want to give themselves items aren't going to use this glitch (they might use this world though, it's that friggin' cool), they're going to use inventory editors and All-Item worlds.

This glitch is JUST cool and I'd be really sad to see it go.

Like I explained above, it cannot be fixed as a concept without significant (weeks to months of engineering work) effort so there is no reason to farm "pls dont fix".
However what they *could* (but will not, based on previous similar incidents in multiplayer) is the exploit that allows clients to place objects inside solid blocks in multiplayer.

Last edited:
This is an impressive culmination of a very deep understanding of the game. Very impressed what this community is able to pull off. Hoping to be using this to some extent in a new 1.4.5 world.

This is an impressive culmination of a very deep understanding of the game. Very impressed what this community is able to pull off. Hoping to be using this to some extent in a new 1.4.5 world.
It's probably going to be yeeted out of existence considering that ren commented here

The cool part about this map is it is technically already updated to 1.4.5. Being @Redigit🌳 has confirmed that this "transmutation" exploit is being patched, we are left to wonder what exactly he means by this. Are they patching just a select few items like the bast statue and camp fires? Fixing all items from leaving their frames? And most importantly, will they be fixing tiles that are already out of their VU. My guess is the first two are very likely while existing builds such as this map will live on through the legacy to modern updates. This said, is this is true and with my understanding of the glitch through code, it would be very challenging to fix all tiles unless a simple check is added to Terraria.WorldGen. Really curious what will happen, either way, expect the worst so when it happens, you're already over the grief.

They could also just fix multiplayer to not allow clients to place objects inside solid tiles, or fix the tile desync that enables the vanilla client to do that, both of which would prevent this entire chain of events with minimal effort, the former even completely preventing it for good.

They could also just fix multiplayer to not allow clients to place objects inside solid tiles, or fix the tile desync that enables the vanilla client to do that, both of which would prevent this entire chain of events with minimal effort, the former even completely preventing it for good.

We are well beyond the multiplayer requirements to set up the bast or 99% of the other AOB glitches. So patching only the multiplayer would not solve the transmutation glitch.

We are well beyond the multiplayer requirements to set up the bast or 99% of the other AOB glitches. So patching only the multiplayer would not solve the transmutation glitch.
As far as i am aware, there is no way to do this without multiplayer desyncs? At least the 11 farming videos uploaded by "Ethyriel Y." showcase the procedure involving multiplayer in all of them.

The cool part about this map is it is technically already updated to 1.4.5. Being @Redigit🌳 has confirmed that this "transmutation" exploit is being patched, we are left to wonder what exactly he means by this. Are they patching just a select few items like the bast statue and camp fires? Fixing all items from leaving their frames? And most importantly, will they be fixing tiles that are already out of their VU. My guess is the first two are very likely while existing builds such as this map will live on through the legacy to modern updates. This said, is this is true and with my understanding of the glitch through code, it would be very challenging to fix all tiles unless a simple check is added to Terraria.WorldGen. Really curious what will happen, either way, expect the worst so when it happens, you're already over the grief.
Where did @Redigit🌳 confirm patching this? I am hoping the patch does not remove prong glitch, more info would be appreciated!

As far as i am aware, there is no way to do this without multiplayer desyncs? At least the 11 farming videos uploaded by "Ethyriel Y." showcase the procedure involving multiplayer in all of them.

Haha yup all of them are concealed within the Terraria Wiring Community. We even found methods to get transmutes and blackholes working without the bast or camp fires all together. Not releasing anything until the update.

Where did @Redigit🌳 confirm patching this? I am hoping the patch does not remove prong glitch, more info would be appreciated!

Here are just a few I could find in the quick search in my DMs. Post0 - Post1 - Post2

Haha yup all of them are concealed within the Terraria Wiring Community. We even found methods to get transmutes and blackholes working without the bast or camp fires all together. Not releasing anything until the update.

Here are just a few I could find in the quick search in my DMs. Post0 - Post1 - Post2
Thanks for the update. Good to know. Looking forward to more stuff post-1.4.5 and in Terraria 2.

Having spent 2 years reverse engineering Terraria, I'm still relatively sure that there is no bug that makes the client place an object inside another one in singleplayer, and this is the necessary first step to making the framing code apply framing to the wrong tiles.
It also shouldn't be anything special to get this working without a bast statue or campfire, as there are tens of other tiles that can change their framing dynamically, some of them may just require more math.

Back
Top Bottom