Xbox One Inventory Menu Issues

TechNeko

Terrarian
The old inventory menu that i could access while pressing Y on my controller used to fit on my screen. the new menu is hard to read and extends off the edges, and i have no ability to alter the "safe zone" for this game on the xb1, so its just impossible to use. is there any way to revert it back to the menu i had previously? please?

There currently is no way to have the previous UI sadly. It would be great if we could switch between the two. Cause I know most console players would go for the old UI.

But no currently. You are stuck with the new UI :(

If the screen is getting cut off check the resolution on the TV, and I think most need to be at 1080p or need to be refreshed or something!

Also check the Wide settings like (Normal, Wide, Zoom, Stretch) used to make the old 480p to fit the screen and hide black bars!

How do I see the crafting recipes that I know, but don't have the stuff to make? PLEASE RESPOND QUICK

You can't anymore, that was an old UI feature, to see crafting recipes either use the guide or have the required items in your inventory, stand in front of the correct crafting station, open your menu with Y/Triangle, hit LB/L1 twice and you'll be shown what you can craft with those items you have in your inventory.

Failing all that, the wiki is pretty helpful

Hope this helps :D

gg bro that really sucks and tbh I'm not sure that I want to play Terraria anymore. I guess this explains why there is like one Terraria upload to YouTube a day now. Man, I can't believe that it got taken out. Why would it get taken out? This makes Terraria quite difficult and tedious. there are thousands of craftables, I think, and you can't expect people to memorize them, or constantly look at their phone. Do you know what this would do to new players? What made Terraria interesting was the fact that it felt infinite, "only limited by your imagination." It was that menu that made u strive to want to get that next tier. Now, it is really confusing bro. Not sure if anyone is ever going to read this, but I'll come back to Terraria when they change it back. This makes me angry, because they just threw the game away and the devs should know this due to player feed back, yet they're yelling at people that "IT WILL NOT BE COMING BACK." I wanted to reply then neither will we, but I try not to be disrespectful. I just wonder what was going through their minds when they thought "oh I know, lets take away their crafting menu." If it was supposed to make it more like PC Minecraft, then it doesn't. It just makes it confusing and leaves gaps where the player asks him or herself what to do now. I just hope that a developer sees this, and maybe considers an option to let US choose in the settings if we want this. Poll us or something. IDK bro, I tried playing it last night and at first I said to myself, "this is the stupidest thing they could have ever done," and now I see that not only did they take out the old inventory system and added a bunch of controls, they took out the RECIPES. Who decides to do that? Is there a way to delete the update and play offline? If anyone here hears or knows the reason that the devs decided to mess it up, please comment. For now, I'm going to just quit Terraria, because it's WAY too complicated and confusing. U can't expect new players, or me, to know that you have to go kill something in hell, mine iron, and use multiple tables to make a boss summoner consumable. This update really upsets me, because I loved playing Terraria and they took away the sense of aspiration and added questions. I don't want to speak for others, but I know that when ur playing a video game and u have to get on ur phone to look things up every few minutes, it's not fun. I LOVE this game, but I just can't analyze and understand it all. I'm 16. This game is meant for all ages, but it got made so that u have to have already been playing it, high IQ or just a really devoted person. Please let the devs see this. I'm not trying to be rude or anyhing. Please put it back to the way it was. This was like my childhood, and I have really fond memories of me playing it with old friends that I never get to see again. I may be just a dumb teenager, but I know what I'm saying when I say that when u change it back, ratings will go up, people are going to be happy and spend more money on Terraria and 505 stuff, and it will make a massive comeback. So will the devs wallets. If that's what they're in it for.
[doublepost=1539896116,1539896037][/doublepost]Thank you MBraderz.. 10/18/18

Back
Top Bottom