Working as Designed Invisibility potion not working properly.

Jostabeere

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 7
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
According to the wiki page:

Using an Invisibility Potion conceals the player entirely, including their armor and vanity items, as well as the player's mount. While hidden, the player's Aggro statistic is reduced, meaning enemies will be less likely to target the player and they will not fire ranged attacks as long the player remains hidden.

A lot of enemies ignore the invisibility and fire ranged attacks reliable at a hidden player.
Examples for enemies are:
-Fungi Spore
-Desert Spirit
More to come.

According to the wiki page:

Using an Invisibility Potion conceals the player entirely, including their armor and vanity items, as well as the player's mount. While hidden, the player's Aggro statistic is reduced, meaning enemies will be less likely to target the player and they will not fire ranged attacks as long the player remains hidden.

A lot of enemies ignore the invisibility and fire ranged attacks reliable at a hidden player.
Examples for enemies are:
-Fungi Spore
-Desert Spirit
More to come.

Not sure if this is a new bug. Invisibility/Vortex Armour doesn't really make you undetectable.

"less likely to target" is a true statement but the rest should read "The player appears completely invisible including all worn items. This will make it less likely to be detected at long ranges when invisible."

And as stated above, the second you attack or use some items you become visible.

Not sure if this is a new bug. Invisibility/Vortex Armour doesn't really make you undetectable.

"less likely to target" is a true statement but the rest should read "The player appears completely invisible including all worn items. This will make it less likely to be detected at long ranges when invisible."

And as stated above, the second you attack or use some items you become visible.
I knew how it works and understand the mechanic. What I am bothered with is not the "less likely to attack" but the "will not use ranged attacks".
In my understanding enemies may charge me, but will never fire ranged attacks at me.
But they do.
So either the potion doesn't work as described, or enemies see too much.
Is it possible you were using a weapon or item around the time any enemies used ranged attacks on you?
I am playing For the worthy and just entered Hardmode. Tried to sneak past a nasty mushroom biome to get ores with the pot.
Not attacking anything, and the potion works as intended enemies ignore me most of the time.
But these two mentioned still blast me with insane precision from across the screen. Which is BS if i explicitly use an invisibility potion.

As I play in journey mode, I use a lot of invisibility potions, the only ways to become visible again are to be hit or the potion stops to work after 3 mins. Attacking just temporarly show you but you quickly become invisible again.
The effects ? Make movements annoying because you don't know where you exactly are, reduce enemy spawnrates and reduce the priority of attacks against you, meaning that if you are in multiplayer, enemies will target your friends if they are near instead of you

Less likely does not mean effectively invisible. Honestly, the Invisibility Potion was mostly just a "for fun" potion for most of its life, and we added a few spawn rate bonuses to it.

It works better in multiplayer scenarios, as its more of an aggro reducer than a "stealth mode" item.

Less likely does not mean effectively invisible. Honestly, the Invisibility Potion was mostly just a "for fun" potion for most of its life, and we added a few spawn rate bonuses to it.

It works better in multiplayer scenarios, as its more of an aggro reducer than a "stealth mode" item.
It's too bad it was never something that could maybe make mobs completely ignore you if you had no armor on and nothing in your hand. Could've been a way to explore in hostile areas...

Well then something has to be changed. I don't really see the use of fun potions.
Invisibility requires semi-rare ressources to craft and has a low duration. So anyway, make it a full-fun-potion that is entirely useless, but then don't give it placebo-effects, or make is actually useful and give it effects it promises to do.

This is not likely going to be changed.

It was originally a PVP-oriented item, and we later added some aggro-related benefits. Its not intended to ever give you "full stealth/invisibility from enemies".

It's too bad it was never something that could maybe make mobs completely ignore you if you had no armor on and nothing in your hand. Could've been a way to explore in hostile areas...
Or go looting the dungeon before even killing King Slime

This is not likely going to be changed.

It was originally a PVP-oriented item, and we later added some aggro-related benefits. Its not intended to ever give you "full stealth/invisibility from enemies".
I never asked for full-invisibility from enemies, as I clearly said. One of the things is not as intended.
a) description of the item, stating full invisibility from projectiles only
b) enemies ignoring full invisibility with their projectiles

I never asked for full-invisibility from enemies, as I clearly said. One of the things is not as intended.
a) description of the item, stating full invisibility from projectiles only
b) enemies ignoring full invisibility with their projectiles

What if "For the worthy" has increased aggro that make it impossible to stealth with certain creatures? Just a thought. Not all wiki articles are 100% fact and I don't know if the dev team creates all the content. You could update it though I think anyone can.

What if "For the worthy" has increased aggro that make it impossible to stealth with certain creatures? Just a thought. Not all wiki articles are 100% fact and I don't know if the dev team creates all the content. You could update it though I think anyone can.
Like many wikis, it is updated by the players, moderated by players for the players. Anyone can help

Back
Top Bottom