Invisible Moon Lord

ED209

Plantera
Hi,

I've just built an arena underground (but with no background walls). When the Moon Lord appears, he is completely invisible, but his projectiles, and the True EoC, are all visible.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Uhh, I play on mobile but I think I know what's wrong.
The Moon Lord himself is covered by the underground's biome background, like it or not. You could use another (above ground) arena, perhaps somewhere super flat.
If I'm wrong, well then, thanks for coming!

Uhh, I play on mobile but I think I know what's wrong.
The Moon Lord himself is covered by the underground's biome background, like it or not. You could use another (above ground) arena, perhaps somewhere super flat.
If I'm wrong, well then, thanks for coming!
If that were true he'd be covered up by the surface mountains, which he isn't.

No, he's right. Think of it in layers. The surface backgrounds are the back most layer, where as the underground background is treated as non player placed dirt wall. Moon Lords Z-Position is behind player placed and non player placed walls but in front of background art like the mountains.

You'll need a surface arena with no walls.

No, he's right. Think of it in layers. The surface backgrounds are the back most layer, where as the underground background is treated as non player placed dirt wall. Moon Lords Z-Position is behind player placed and non player placed walls but in front of background art like the mountains.

You'll need a surface arena with no walls.
As I said, there are no background walls, natural or otherwise.

May I see a screenshot of when he is invisible? Let's see if we can spy any reason for this.

May I see a screenshot of when he is invisible? Let's see if we can spy any reason for this.

Here you go:

Invisible Moon Lord.png

Invisible Moon Lord 2.png

Attachments

• Invisible Moon Lord 2.png
    Invisible Moon Lord 2.png
    652.2 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Yes, so for sake of simplicity lets call them Z-Layers and establish all the Z-Layers.

Z-Layer 1: Background Art (the mountains you see in the distance on the surface, or the Underground Cavern background art of dirt, stone, and stalactites. Anything affected by Parallax)

Z-Layer 2: Walls (including player placed and non-player placed walls)

Z-Layer 3: Blocks and Projectiles (the player exists in Z-Layer 3)

Any objects that exist in the same Z-Layer collide and merge with each other. Moonlord appears between Z-Layer 1 and 2, but his projectiles and hearts (his hitbox sprite) are in Z-Layer 3.

Not that this is the way it should be, just explaining the way it is currently.

Please take a look at this bug report that was recently updated: Moon Lord Fight Underground

Apparently there are issues causing Moon Lord to be invisible if fought in very dark underground areas. Perhaps add some lighting in your arena? (Torches, lamps and so on.)

Yes, so for sake of simplicity lets call them Z-Layers and establish all the Z-Layers.

Z-Layer 1: Background Art (the mountains you see in the distance on the surface, or the Underground Cavern background art of dirt, stone, and stalactites. Anything affected by Parallax)

Z-Layer 2: Walls (including player placed and non-player placed walls)

Z-Layer 3: Blocks and Projectiles (the player exists in Z-Layer 3)

Any objects that exist in the same Z-Layer collide and merge with each other. Moonlord appears between Z-Layer 1 and 2, but his projectiles and hearts (his hitbox sprite) are in Z-Layer 3.

Not that this is the way it should be, just explaining the way it is currently.
THERE ARE NO WALLS. It's the background art - Z-Layer 1 - that is behind the arena. Nothing else.
[doublepost=1536106683,1536106632][/doublepost]
Please take a look at this bug report that was recently updated: Moon Lord Fight Underground

Apparently there are issues causing Moon Lord to be invisible if fought in very dark underground areas. Perhaps add some lighting in your arena? (Torches, lamps and so on.)
If you look at the comments, mine was the last one. That thread was about background walls, which I haven't used.
[doublepost=1536106817][/doublepost]
The underground portions of the map are counted as background walls by the game in regards to background visuals (slime rain, party balloons, moonlord)
Finally some useful information. Is that why the slime rain animation vanishes behind the mountains?

If you look at the comments, mine was the last one. That thread was about background walls, which I haven't used.
So it was. I missed that, sorry.
If you're playing on PS4, you might have more luck asking in the Console support forums? This forum and the bug report is for PC. It's possible it was fixed for PC but the fix is yet to flow through to console versions.

So it was. I missed that, sorry.
If you're playing on PS4, you might have more luck asking in the Console support forums? This forum and the bug report is for PC. It's possible it was fixed for PC but the fix is yet to flow through to console versions.
They moved this post; it was in "general cross-platform talk". I don't know why they did it.

THERE ARE NO WALLS. It's the background art - Z-Layer 1 - that is behind the arena. Nothing else.
[doublepost=1536106683,1536106632][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1536106817][/doublepost]
Finally some useful information. Is that why the slime rain animation vanishes behind the mountains?
Good grief, my comment tells you the exact same thing every other comment has!

Back
Top Bottom