PS4 Is 4 player offline couch co-op removed?

Can only do 2 player OFFLINE couch co-op split screen and won't let my other kid join as player 3. Is 4 player OFFLINE split screen removed now? Someone please answer this. I have searched for days now trying to get an answer and Everytime I see someone ask this same question everyone tells them about the online multiplayer split screen and that's not what I'm asking about. Me and my two kids have been playing for a long time and now we all can't play together offline split screen. Please, seriously please somebody give an answer to me and all the others who have been asking about the removal of 4 player offline split screen. If this is how it is now and is only 2 player offline split screen then I wish I didn't even update it bc then I could at least play it with my kids. I hope this isn't the case and they are adding it back.

I repeat, I'm talking old school sitting in the same room on one tv couch co-op 4 player split screen. Sorry to sound like a jerk but I'm really not trying to come off like that, it's just that nobody has yet gave an answer to this serious change to the game if they did infact change it to only 2 player offline split screen.

Can only do 2 player OFFLINE couch co-op split screen and won't let my other kid join as player 3. Is 4 player OFFLINE split screen removed now? Someone please answer this. I have searched for days now trying to get an answer and Everytime I see someone ask this same question everyone tells them about the online multiplayer split screen and that's not what I'm asking about. Me and my two kids have been playing for a long time and now we all can't play together offline split screen. Please, seriously please somebody give an answer to me and all the others who have been asking about the removal of 4 player offline split screen. If this is how it is now and is only 2 player offline split screen then I wish I didn't even update it bc then I could at least play it with my kids. I hope this isn't the case and they are adding it back.
Hi there @Santoryfury0331, late last night I had a memory come through. I had remembered that in a previous announcement that 3-player splitscreen was previewed.

Here’s the announcement thread: Terraria State of the Game - August 2021 (scroll to the “Consoke” section, and then it’s the second pic)
1633350501549.png

Also, in a bug report, another player is mentioning playing with both 3 and 4 players in splitscreen. Second bullet point here: PS4 - Slew of Bugs

So, it seems that it hasn’t been taken out like you feared. However, now we need to figure out why it’s not working for you. Do you have any parental controls on the third or fourth accounts that are trying to join?

Omg
Hi there @Santoryfury0331, late last night I had a memory come through. I had remembered that in a previous announcement that 3-player splitscreen was previewed.

Here’s the announcement thread: Terraria State of the Game - August 2021 (scroll to the “Consoke” section, and then it’s the second pic)
View attachment 343013

Also, in a bug report, another player is mentioning playing with both 3 and 4 players in splitscreen. Second bullet point here: PS4 - Slew of Bugs

So, it seems that it hasn’t been taken out like you feared. However, now we need to figure out why it’s not working for you. Do you have any parental controls on the third or fourth accounts that are trying to join?
thank you so much for this. Maybe I can figure this out then. The two accounts I made for my kids I'm not sure what settings they are, I never messed with that stuff and just made them quick just so we could play Terraria together and they can save and keep their characters. I'm on my way home for work now so when I get home I'll jump on their accounts quick and check the parental settings and all that and see if that helps. I just figured that kind of stuff would only effect online play but yea maybe it is effecting offline at as well. It's a start and I'm insanely grateful that you showed me those links because I had no hope at all that there still was offline 4 player but maybe there still is a chance. Thanks again and I'll reply after I try the settings thing.

Back
Top Bottom