PC Is there a way to hoik downwards through blocks?

mikhail kerman

Terrarian
I am making a Challenge map, and want to lock an item behind temple brick, requiring the picksaw or higher to progress. Would there be a way for a player to hoik through a solid row of temple brick downwards? They are able to hammer the temple brick as well.

I think i found a way to prevent hoiking - it is in the corner of the world and surrounded by actuated blocks so that you can't place anything nearby to hoik into the chamber:
1599635008247.png

If someone finds a way to access that, please let me know.

I have to hold the down button while doing this
You could line the box with golf cups, since they are solid and not hammerable, but they can be mined by any pickaxe.
That's insane. Though I couldn't replicate this for 3 or more solid rows. Would having 3 solid rows be hoik proof? Also, I cannot use golf cups because the player has a pickaxe.

Last edited:
i could barely get through a 3 and 4 block thick ceiling by getting 3 tiles deep and hammering around randomly. I lost the setup and can't replicate it.

i could barely get through a 3 and 4 block thick ceiling by getting 3 tiles deep and hammering around randomly. I lost the setup and can't replicate it.
I think I'll settle with a 3 tall ceiling. I also don't want to create a jungle biome there, so i'm limited to less than 140 brick. I think it is difficult enough for the player not to attempt it.

I know this thread is old, but I have found ways to hoik into a wall from any sides:

hoiking through anything - down.gif
hoiking through anything - up.gif
hoiking through anything - right - actuated blocks variant.gif

hoiking through anything - left - actuated blocks variant.gif
hoiking through anything - right - hook variant.gif
hoiking through anything - left - hook variant.gif

And there are also ways to move around vertically once inside (pic because the gifs are to large to render).

1680777457268.png

So no, there are absolutely no way to prevent a player from hoiking through a wall if they know how.

I know this thread is old, but I have found ways to hoik into a wall from any sides:

View attachment 403526View attachment 403527View attachment 403528
View attachment 403529View attachment 403530View attachment 403531

And there are also ways to move around vertically once inside (pic because the gifs are to large to render).

View attachment 403532

So no, there are absolutely no way to prevent a player from hoiking through a wall if they know how.
No bunker is hoik proof, amazing

not sure if you still need an answer but uhhh I found this on fandom. ik fandom sucks right?

Attachments

• A058E49C-4869-4979-B21B-77A627C1F59F.jpeg
    A058E49C-4869-4979-B21B-77A627C1F59F.jpeg
    13.2 KB · Views: 59
Small update for the floor version, it doesn't require the use of a hammer anymore

hoiking through anything - down v2.gif

2nd update:
Someone brought to my attention that traps can't be sloped, since hammering them simply changes their orientation.
And temple traps are now only breakable by a picksaw or a stronger pickaxe.

Wich means that yes, it is still possible to make an inpassable wall.

It needs to be 4 blocks thick to stop an unmounted player entering from the sides, 3 from above or below
Raise that to 6 and 5 if the player has access to a mount, like a horse or a unicorn

Last edited:
Does your map include the dungeon? If not, place the cursed dungeon walls behind it, might have to set map below a certain height or at least the parts you don't want hoiking in, and if they hoik in, a dungeon guardian will spawn and kill them for it

Back
Top Bottom