Xbox One Is there any plans for using items from the inventory?

Eye Of Cthulhu 🌳

Eye of Cthulhu
I find it kinda annoying, and I usually don't use potions if i can help it because of this, but on PC, you can just use an item from the inventory,(mainly potions) while on console, you have to drag all of your consumables to your hotbar before you can use them.
Or using potions straight out of a chest
Seeing PC players calling this a noob thing to do makes me feel kinda handicapped on console
Can this change?

At least on switch there's a button to go into world mode which lets you use whatever item is selected in the inventory. (Autopause needs to be set to either be off or only in menus like the settings, though. I personally don't use it as a result because I play with autopause on switch)

There is a button that does something weird..
It makes the entire inventory appear, and you can move around, but as far as i know, it just seems to replace the entire hotbar with your entire inventory

I find it kinda annoying, and I usually don't use potions if i can help it because of this, but on PC, you can just use an item from the inventory,(mainly potions) while on console, you have to drag all of your consumables to your hotbar before you can use them.
Or using potions straight out of a chest
Seeing PC players calling this a noob thing to do makes me feel kinda handicapped on console
Can this change?
I just remap a D-pad button to quick buff so that you can use all potions at once rather than dragging them to the hotbar

My cousin does that, but he once used a gravitation potion during our plantera fight, so i want to avoid that
I usually don’t use gravitation potions unless fighting the dungeon guardian with low tier wings (ah, just like the old 1.1 days) or in pre-hardmode for fighting bosses and searching for floating islands.

Pretty sure the stock buff keybind is RB+B
That should work perfectly and be out if the way enough to never accidentally press.

I forget the default controller controls since I play with my custom control scheme all the time, I do remember the Redigit’s Pick control scheme from 1.3 on console.
Right, so one could use their custom scheme, and simply change the quick buff back to RB+B, I feel like that would solve the issue here.

Back
Top Bottom