PC Is this a bug or a glitch?

Dohnu J

Terrarian
Has this ever happened to any of you guys? I think it was just a glitch that happened just to me, but I don't know. I guess the Ice chest just spawned as a normal chest. Weird.
WUT.png

Ooh, cool! Is that a Staff of the Frost Hydra?

I've heard about bugs whereby special dungeon loot can generate into normal chests, but haven't personally experienced it.

Bug and glitch are the exact same thing...
I think he meant, "is this a bug/glitch?" As in, is this intended? The answer is no. I think one of two things happened, @Dohnu J
1: The frost chest tried to generate too high and became an unlocked wooden chest, OR
2: A wooden chest generated over the frost chest, adding the Staff to its contents

Yeah, it is!
[DOUBLEPOST=1445467174,1445467026][/DOUBLEPOST]
Has this ever happened to any of you guys? I think it was just a glitch that happened just to me, but I don't know. I guess the Ice chest just spawned as a normal chest. Weird.View attachment 82408
From my understanding, a bug is a known problem that happens to multiple people, while a glitch is a "freak event" that either doesn't happen again, or happens very rarely. I don't know. I hope that made sense. I can't choose my words right. I can't think today.
[DOUBLEPOST=1445467495][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think he meant, "is this a bug/glitch?" As in, is this intended? The answer is no. I think one of two things happened, @Dohnu J
1: The frost chest tried to generate too high and became an unlocked wooden chest, OR
2: A wooden chest generated over the frost chest, adding the Staff to its contents
Ah. That's interesting.

1 Can't Be True. I've Seen A Chest Generate During The Drop Down To The First Room.

Tbh, I'd just not use it until I unlocked its teir, although technically legit, its basically cheating.

Something similar happened with the ice chest to me. The chest was half ice and half wooden and contained ice chest loot and could be opened immediately. Pretty cool seeing a similar event.

Back
Top Bottom