PC Is this considered "Cheating?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpindlyBaton98

Terrarian
Hello Terrarians

Recently, I used a web-based Inventory Editor to basically copy over my Xbox Character to PC. I've only used it in Singleplayer so far, but I wasn't sure if this was classed as cheating.

Would be cheating to do that? I've technically obtained all the items I transferred over legit on the Console, no outside sources like Horizon or whatever Profile Hacking programs that are out there. Just wanted to clear this up if I ever decided to join a server on this character.

Kind Regards!

Hello Terrarians

Recently, I used a web-based Inventory Editor to basically copy over my Xbox Character to PC. I've only used it in Singleplayer so far, but I wasn't sure if this was classed as cheating.

Would be cheating to do that? I've technically obtained all the items I transferred over legit on the Console, no outside sources like Horizon or whatever Profile Hacking programs that are out there. Just wanted to clear this up if I ever decided to join a server on this character.

Kind Regards!
Well you are just sorta transferring :red:, so I'm pretty sure that it's okay and not considered cheating. Really only thing that matters is your own personal definition.

Since you already obtained those items in a legitimate way, I don't feel it is cheating.

I here by inform you, under the authority of the Moral Arbitrary Internet Standards Union of Gamers, that you are summoned to court to face trial for your transgression against humanity and virtual entities.

But no, it's not cheating. You simply transferred your work and time spend in the game to another platform, which in 2015 should not be a barrier of any description. A lot of multiplayer games are trying to unite the player base across platforms. This should also be the main benefit of saving characters and worlds to cloud - allowing them to be played on any device you own Terraria on with no progress lost (I don't know if it currently does work like that at this time)

I here by inform you, under the authority of the Moral Arbitrary Internet Standards Union of Gamers, that you are summoned to court to face trial for your transgression against humanity and virtual entities.

But no, it's not cheating. You simply transferred your work and time spend in the game to another platform, which in 2015 should not be a barrier of any description. A lot of multiplayer games are trying to unite the player base across platforms. This should also be the main benefit of saving characters and worlds to cloud - allowing them to be played on any device you own Terraria on with no progress lost (I don't know if it currently does work like that at this time)
Unfortunately, do to version differences, hardware differences, and programming differences, cross platform saves would be virtually impossible.

Thank you everyone for clearing this up for me, now I won't feel like I've cheated the items in whenever I go onto a Server or play with a friend. Thanks! :p

People have difference views on cheating and hacking, and problem is, most people don't have a common sense or logic to understand it. You join a server and you have items you shouldn't have because you joined 5 minutes ago with something else, they automatically constitute it as cheating. Basically, do what you want if its only for yourself. Once you start going online though, I suggest staying away from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom