PC Is Zenith useless?

KiaGaim22

Skeletron
Picture this: You’ve just killed Moonlord and obtained the Terrarian, Star wrath or Meowmere! Wow, this is great because you’ve been playing melee. Then you learn of the (not really) sword, Zenith. I mean, what’s the point? Why not just start a new playthrough, maybe with a mod or two? Why waste your time, when you already have a good enough weapon?:nursesigh:

AND WHY DO NO OTHER CLASSES HAVE CALAMITY-RECIPE-STYLED WEAPONS LIKE THIS!?!
:redmunch:

Before commenting, consider how much more defensive-based melee is than any other class. I mean, it has the best protective armour in the game (beetle shell) and generally better defence throughout.

Btw- I think the Terra toilet was the best item added in 1.4. Who else?`:passionate:

Last edited:
Picture this: You’ve just killed Moonlord and obtained the Terrarian, Star wrath or Meowmere! Wow, this is great because you’ve been playing melee. Then you learn of the (not really) sword, Zenith. I mean, what’s the point? Why not just start a new playthrough, maybe with a mod or two? Why waste your time, when you already have a good enough weapon?:nursesigh:

AND WHY DO NO OTHER CLASSES HAVE CALAMITY-RECIPE-STYLED WEAPONS LIKE THIS!?!
:redmunch:

Btw- I think the Terra toilet was the best item added in 1.4. Who else?`:passionate:
Yeah, I think some other classes should get new weapons too, most people who are doing like ranged/mage/summoner only playthroughs, they can’t use it.

well, i dont think that USELESS is at all the right word for it. they really had too work hard to come up with that idea so if you dont like it dont use it and also they had to make some type of ultimate sword sometime.

Zenith isn't a useless sword due to the ranking as "The Best Sword" and you can just save up swords as you play the game and craft the sword once you've collected all of the swords in the recipe. And with all the power combined of your evolution throughout the game, it is a perfect endgame sword and in my opinion has actually inspired more people to melee.

Why waste your time, when you already have a good enough weapon?

Did the weapon kill the Moon Lord in 2 frames? No? Then it's not a "good enough" weapon ;)

In all seriousness, this is a standard "Bragging Rights Reward". Many games have ultimate weapons that you get only after all of the meaningful parts of the game have been completed. Pretty much every drop off of the Moon Lord qualifies, since by definition you have to have been able to kill the ML at least once to get it.

You're also ignoring the fact that it makes other bosses/events more farmable. So while I was kidding about the 2-frame ML kill, making running through the Lunar Events easier is a legitimately useful thing.

I really hate that every time a final weapon is added its a sword and none of the other classes get anything that can be called like that, only new loot from latest bosses, never a culmination of exploration like Night's Edge, Terra-Sword or Zenith.

Yes, it is very annoying. I guess those people who use other weapon types will have to make due with final weapons that are much easier to get and ultimately far more effective at killing stuff than any sword (dealing AoE, ludicrous DPS, imparting special effects and debuffs, making you invincible while AFK, killing stuff from 3 screens away, etc). :sigh:

Nobody has to work that hard, for so little, as sword wielders.

It makes the melee class powerful again. I should know, I've done countless DPS and boss tests with different set-ups. Ranger and mage crushed the other two in 1.3. Melee can only get about 15k DPS versus 100k+ with an SDMG or Last Prism. (15 test dummies)
Personally, I like it because it makes navigating the world easier. The Moon Lord doesn't have to be the end for a playthrough, I'm still working on the Ankh Shield.
The Solar Eruption used to be one of the best, but it was inaccurate. It's a pain to use the Starfury and Meowmere on console, considering FPS and aiming issues. The armor was the only good part about the class, really. I appreciate the new content that 1.4 brought.

I think it's nice to have a good reward for grinding items for hours. It may not be the most useful weapon ever, but it's really fun to mess around with it and it looks beautiful.

What about the Terraprsima, though? Only available by completing a 'mini-game' where you can't get hit at all, it's an incredibly powerful weapon that's only available to magic users. There's no reason magic and melee should be the same as each other; everyone has something crazy and impractical.

Zenith suffers from being an post-game only weapon, which means there might not be a lot of stuff left to do. This probably is the reason why one was the only class to receive an insanely powerful weapon, because it doesn’t quite matter for other classes(?). No...I’m not quite sure why other classes didn’t get an “OP” weapon.

As for terraprisma for summoners, it can outclass the stardust dragon in terms of DPS sure, but is underwhelming compared to the zenith. And you can always use both terraprisma and zenith at the same time. ;)

Last edited:
Wish they have epic weapon for all classes too. But judge from how Zenith work ..... I don't think they'll fit in Terraria anymore. Imagine Stardust Hydra, Space Whale or Galaxy Blender that light half screen with nova... ouch... Still want to see it anyway.

Off-topic rant : Something I don't like about Terraria ..... The best equipment are reward after defeat the final showdown. You don't have anything left to do beside easier final showdown / farm.

I wish it have final_final showdown that you use everything you got in arsenal to deal with it. No more equipment, just cosmetic reward for complete the game. And no, I didn't mean handicap or Master mode. I do understand that lot of game also like this. But most of those game are grinding base while Terraria have some sort of clear goal like M*rio or Z*lda or .... Megam*n. Its feel empty after got those sweet stuff ; w ;

Zenith is a post-Moonlord trophy for completing the game. The journey is over. It's an OP slaughterstick for the use of all classes at a point in the game when screwing around is all that's left to do.

No I don't need a super special OP trophy weapon for every class after I've successfully murdered the entire game already.

celebration mk2, last prism, terraprisma need I say more?
Edit 1: I agree with Nimblentfox they should just add calamity boss ruch with only vanilla bosses to the vanilla game and award you a copper short sword with a legendary modifier instead of a rock at the end

Back
Top Bottom