tModLoader Issue with Increasing movement speed.

Mr Black

Terrarian
I'm making an armor set that buffs speed as a set bonus, however, when I go in-game only the normal movement speed is affected. When I wear an accessory like the frostspark boots, the movement speed is at 34 mph when running, and with the armor set bonus and the movement speed buff that comes with the leggings, the movement speed with the boots stays at 34 mph. I'd like to know if I can change it so that the movement speed also affects my character's speed when running with an accessory like the boots. Below is my set bonus which I have on my helmet
}

public override void UpdateArmorSet(Player player)
{
player.moveSpeed += .75f;
player.setBonus = "Your lungs feel lighter \nMovement speed increased to even greater heights!";
}

Here's what I have for the leggings.

}

public override void UpdateEquip(Player player)
{
player.moveSpeed += .15f;
player.rangedDamage += 0.08f;
}

Last edited:
In 1.3.5 increases to movement speed are capped at 60%, and running boots have a special property (accRunSpeed iirc) that overrides your regular running speed.

This issue will solve itself once 1.4 comes out for tmodloader, since from that version onwards movement speed is uncapped and will override Running boots if it'd allow you to run faster than them.

Back
Top Bottom