Item activates when using jump/Left Trigger on xBox 360 Gamepad

mrex

Terrarian
This issue may be related to this post:

As of today, I noticed some changes in how my xBox 360 controller works with Terraria. In particular, when I use the left trigger to jump/fly etc. it will use the currently selected item (sword, pickaxe, etc.) This causes real havock when I fly around my house if I have the pickaxe selected. If I then use the right trigger to use the item, the left trigger no longer uses it, but instead simply jumps/flies normally.

I also noticed that the jumpiness when using Pylons seems to have been resolved. Now when I click on a Pylon, I instantly get the map screen, instead of having to click multiple times. However, if I try to zoom out while scrolling left/right to the target pylon, the map screen "jitters", only zooming out a small amount and then locking. If I stop scrolling and just zoom out it returns to normal, and I can zoom out and in while scrolling to the target pylon.

I am using an xBox 360 controller on a PC. Its functioned very well since 1.3. I checked both my nVidia and xBox software and disabled their in-game features to isolate this. I can work around this bug, but its a bit annoying for gamepad users.

Back
Top Bottom