Items Item that cycles world difficulty

zerg

Terrarian
In 1.4.5 can we get an endgame item that cycles through all the difficulties (excluding journey mode)

To get this thing, you'd probably have to defeat Plantera and use some solar fragment tablets ( since they don't have too much use). It seems the most appropriate because defeating Plantera marks the true beginning of endgame so an optional challenge would be nice.
However there is a catch. Before defeating moonlord, you must fight every boss with your world's original difficulty, thats the same with invasions. The item may not be used during invasions or boss fights either. Thats to ensure fair gameplay.
extra accessory slots will be disabled when difficulty gets cycled and will be enabled again if difficulty gets cycled back to expert or master. There will still be a way to tell the world's original difficulty through a badge on the world in the menu or something. The master and expert mode exclusive drops and items permanently stay in your world.

The reason I really want to see this in game is because a number of people, like me has built up a main world thats either normal or expert mode, and want to get harder difficulty exclusive items. Although world hopping is possible, it just doesn't feel right. Also, endgame players can up their difficulty after Plantera to get exclusive items or to just play the game in a harder way. Please let me know your thoughts down below.

In 1.4.5 can we get an endgame item that cycles through all the difficulties (excluding journey mode)

To get this thing, you'd probably have to defeat Plantera and use some solar fragment tablets ( since they don't have too much use). It seems the most appropriate because defeating Plantera marks the true beginning of endgame so an optional challenge would be nice.
However there is a catch. Before defeating moonlord, you must fight every boss with your world's original difficulty, thats the same with invasions. The item may not be used during invasions or boss fights either. Thats to ensure fair gameplay.
extra accessory slots will be disabled when difficulty gets cycled and will be enabled again if difficulty gets cycled back to expert or master. There will still be a way to tell the world's original difficulty through a badge on the world in the menu or something. The master and expert mode exclusive drops and items permanently stay in your world.

The reason I really want to see this in game is because a number of people, like me has built up a main world thats either normal or expert mode, and want to get harder difficulty exclusive items. Although world hopping is possible, it just doesn't feel right. Also, endgame players can up their difficulty after Plantera to get exclusive items or to just play the game in a harder way. Please let me know your thoughts down below.
There's already a difficulty slider in Journey mode. Don't see the harm in adding this though.

I feel like this should be a post-Moon Lord item, and you can't cheese getting Expert drops by just making it so the boss's stats and drop pool are determined when they're summoned, and don't change if you change the difficulty.

Back
Top Bottom