Mobile Items disappeared from chest

I’m currently on a quest for full titanium armor, and have spent a large amount of time finding the ores needed. I had gotten the amount necessary, and was checking the wiki to see the stats on the armor. I had forgotten to save beforehand, and when I returned, I was back at the home screen. Normally this would just be a mild inconvenience, as I had saved earlier and only collected 12 bars since. When I came back, all 47 of my titanium bars were gone from my ore chest. I checked all chests around it, but couldn’t find them. Any reason why this should be happening or any idea where they could have gone?

I’m currently on a quest for full titanium armor, and have spent a large amount of time finding the ores needed. I had gotten the amount necessary, and was checking the wiki to see the stats on the armor. I had forgotten to save beforehand, and when I returned, I was back at the home screen. Normally this would just be a mild inconvenience, as I had saved earlier and only collected 12 bars since. When I came back, all 47 of my titanium bars were gone from my ore chest. I checked all chests around it, but couldn’t find them. Any reason why this should be happening or any idea where they could have gone?
Hi there @DragonRider9895, welcome to the forums. :)

If the game isn't exited out of and saved properly, there's not much that can be done. I understand that there's the possibility that there should have been 35 bars in the chest if the most recent session of the game wasn't saved. For those, are you sure that that earlier session was saved properly? Could they be in your inventory? Did they accidentally drop on the ground? I'm assuming all of your answers will be yes, you're sure, :) but there hasn't been any other reports of items disappearing from chests so it's hard to say what could have happened.

Sorry I don't have better news.

Wait, does the 1.3 update not use autosaving like the previous version of the game? I put it in the background all the time and haven't had any lost progress errors yet.

It sucks to lose progress but if your having a hard time look at the top of the ash layer. If use some spelunkers and the ore detector. (Life bar boosters are shown over ore tho)

This also happened to me twice. Once I lost all soul of nights after farming and second losing all my palladium. And i didn't exit since I continued playing and came back to craft. And they're just gone, no it wasn't on any other chest or dropped. Just poof gone.

This also happened to me twice. Once I lost all soul of nights after farming and second losing all my palladium. And i didn't exit since I continued playing and came back to craft. And they're just gone, no it wasn't on any other chest or dropped. Just poof gone.
If you can get this on video, or give me some reproduction steps it can be looked into. Without those, and especially since I’m not hearing about this happening from any others, it’s not something that can be looked into.

Well only happened on the first release. So it doesn't happen to me anymore, sorry. Maybe just some glitch in which it didn't register on the code ot something? Its all good for me now, and it's very random to get it on video, and my phone isn't really that great to run terraria and a recorder at the same time

I've just updated recently on mobile (I play on tablet) and I loaded my World today to find all items ive had in any chest in my home base are gone. I dont have access to any chest until I dig it up either (that only goes so far for the chests I've made and placed in my base) any ideas as to why?

I've just updated recently on mobile (I play on tablet) and I loaded my World today to find all items ive had in any chest in my home base are gone. I dont have access to any chest until I dig it up either (that only goes so far for the chests I've made and placed in my base) any ideas as to why?
Hi there @Echo123 can you upload your character and world that you’re experiencing this with?

Here’s where you can find your world files:
  • Open your Files App and you should see these folders.
  • On Android devices - Android > data > com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid > Worlds
  • On iOS devices - On My <Device> > Terraria > Worlds
  • Then, here on the forums you can use the “Upload a File” to attach a copy of the world file to your post.
Same process would be used to upload from the “Players” folder.

Do you have any other Terraria related apps (zero tier, all item apps, multiplayer apps) or have you been on a public server (Terraria one, any server hosted by someone who is not a friend)?

Back
Top Bottom