tModLoader Ivysaur's level system - With classes

What would you be most excited to be added to this mod?

• Some unique items

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • More multiplayer compatability

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Subclasses

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Skills

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Unique quests and a new NPC at best

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hm, some people have been saying that Hiccup's RPG Classes mod fits well with this. Would Rockos ARPG work too? Because you could have all three but that'd be like 3 leveling systems and it might interfere along with the fact it might crash... I might test it with some mods like Thorium, Tremor, Zoaklen, and Legend of Terraria 3. I guess I'll see.
ll
I exclusively play this with Hiccup's RPG Classes. I'd suggest something that makes the game a tad more difficult, as you'll be a powerhouse before long. Those two mods play well together.

Also, for the most part, Hiccup's RPG Classes plays well with Rockos' ARPG, however, I suggest not using all three. Just Ivysaur's Level System or Rockos' ARPG.

I was messing around with cheatsheet and all the level mods, anything with a high defense gives a bit too my xp (dungeon guardian skeltron at day etc.) Id suggest basing it of of hp, but for the destroyer or high hp bosses or mobs set it yourself or something (I don't know what your using or how to code mods)

I was messing around with cheatsheet and all the level mods, anything with a high defense gives a bit too my xp (dungeon guardian skeltron at day etc.) Id suggest basing it of of hp, but for the destroyer or high hp bosses or mobs set it yourself or something (I don't know what your using or how to code mods)

Every enemy you kill gives atleast 1 XP point for every 11 health it has, and you have a chance of getting 1 xp for every 38 health, the calculation looks like this:
Gained XP = EnemyMaxHealth/11 + A random number between 0 and EnemyMaxHealth/38

Though i'm thinking about using Defense, Attack and other stats too to determine the XP gained since basing it off of Maxhealth means that you can farm the destroyer better than plantera or moonlord, even if the destroyer is the easiest of the three.

Every enemy you kill gives atleast 1 XP point for every 11 health it has, and you have a chance of getting 1 xp for every 38 health, the calculation looks like this:
Gained XP = EnemyMaxHealth/11 + A random number between 0 and EnemyMaxHealth/38

Though i'm thinking about using Defense, Attack and other stats too to determine the XP gained since basing it off of Maxhealth means that you can farm the destroyer better than plantera or moonlord, even if the destroyer is the easiest of the three.
It just that I went from level 450 to 519 in 1 kill of motherboard in daytime

So I noticed that tmodloader has mp implemented as of july 27th ... any chance you could start mp support? This concept sounds awesome but I only play terraria with my wife.

So I noticed that tmodloader has mp implemented as of july 27th ... any chance you could start mp support? This concept sounds awesome but I only play terraria with my wife.

I haven't really thought about multiplayer when i started on this mod, but i'm currently experimenting with it.
The XPBar will probably the first thing to be mp compatible(even though leveling up isn't mp compatible), so that's the reason i've been working slowly on the XPBar.
But the code behind behind an mp compatible XPBar can easily be used for the leveling system too.

Yeah understand as it appears mp is actually as solid as vanilla... I am currently testing many things. At any rate make a release and I will gladly test it every which way from sunday :p

Not sure if your taking in Multiplayer bugs or not. but my fiance is demanding i mention it as she wants to use your mod for multiplayer with me and its holding us back. We discovered that in multiplayer. Experience refuses to go up from taking down hostile mobs. sidenote here is also the fact that when you complete a quest for an NPC and get Experience that way. it counts in in the /DisplayStats Screen. however it does not matter if it goes over the level requirement. we had once 50/40 XP for next level at one time so that doesn't work either.

PS. Please don't shoot the messenger too harshly My fiance demanded i post this bug even though i told her that you were not heavily concerned about multiplayer at the moment and was more working on getting the mod the way you wanted it to work first. at least... that is what i think your plans are.

Can you fix this multiplayer issue too? please...

Can you fix this multiplayer issue too? please...

The Multiplayer issues aren't just simple bugs. When i started on this mod i haven't prepared for multiplayer.
To make the mod Multiplayer compatible i'll need to rewrite a lot of code. Which i eventually do(currently testing multiplayer on the XPBar) but it will take some time. So expect multiplayer to be slowly fixed over multiple releases.

Should be open source. Try opening it with tmodreader

I think your mod is really amazing, it adds even more unique game styles into the game.
Keep up the good work :) I hope you can finish multiplayer support soon.

I'll try to look into the code tomorrow, maybe I can help you somehow

Last edited:
I have a volunteer for the french translation, but i forgot her/his username and i can't find anything on the inbox.
If you're reading this, please contact me.

Back
Top Bottom