Sprites Izzabelle's Alternates

Well, there's not a lot of sigils left, I suppose next would be either the Tides or the Castle, judging by what's coloured in.

Hey there, new guy here! Been stalking for a few weeks and I really love these alternates (along with some other threads I've seen). I can't wait to see what else you manage to cook up.

As an aside, after looking at all of this you've crafted, I've got two thoughts - one as a guess/idea, another as something of a suggestion. Looking at how you developed the Whimsy as an alternate to the Hallow, have you considered a counter known as "The Grimm"? Whereas you've crafted the Whimsy as a bright place focused on fairies, frog princes and wonderlands, the Grimm would be a dark and treacherous place, filled with all the disturbing things buried within fairy tales, such as large man-shaped Beasts, cloaked wolves, witches and wild marionettes.

The other thing is more of a thought. You keep teasing the End of Days, and judging by promises of a twist in how the Four Horsemen and the Apocalypse are handled, I can't help but wonder if the Horsemen and the final boss (The Antichrist? The Beast?) are allegorical for the player: what if we, the player, were the villain all along? We wage war at the expense of our NPCs, we conquer with no thought for the enemies we murder, we raid the world's resources to bring famine and shift biomes to cause pestilence. Just a thought

Hey there, new guy here! Been stalking for a few weeks and I really love these alternates (along with some other threads I've seen). I can't wait to see what else you manage to cook up.

As an aside, after looking at all of this you've crafted, I've got two thoughts - one as a guess/idea, another as something of a suggestion. Looking at how you developed the Whimsy as an alternate to the Hallow, have you considered a counter known as "The Grimm"? Whereas you've crafted the Whimsy as a bright place focused on fairies, frog princes and wonderlands, the Grimm would be a dark and treacherous place, filled with all the disturbing things buried within fairy tales, such as large man-shaped Beasts, cloaked wolves, witches and wild marionettes.
I don't actually make things suggested by others; else they wouldn't be mine. As for your thematic; The Whimsy is actually a loose counter to The Crimson. Originally, The Glade was supposed to be a Grimm themed alternate -- but I found a majority of the elements to be too lackluster, vague, or uninspired so I shifted tone.

The other thing is more of a thought. You keep teasing the End of Days, and judging by promises of a twist in how the Four Horsemen and the Apocalypse are handled, I can't help but wonder if the Horsemen and the final boss (The Antichrist? The Beast?) are allegorical for the player: what if we, the player, were the villain all along? We wage war at the expense of our NPCs, we conquer with no thought for the enemies we murder, we raid the world's resources to bring famine and shift biomes to cause pestilence. Just a thought
Interesting theory; but I'm really not trying to make you guys think that hard about it lol.

Also I don't think I said anything about an Apocalypse :dryadnaughty:

U were about to reveal all the alternates
Oh ok! HEY WAIT A MINUTE.

Nice try! :dryadtongue:

Wait... earlier you posted this:
YRBPCOw.png
with the sky crystals alt, but it hasn't been released... did you just change your mind about what the image should be? Or is there another alternate related to the sky island alts still to come? :naughty:

It's always pretty hard to guess the theme of the alternate by the sigil,
YRBPCOw.png
looks like some sort of waterdrop. The ocean will probably be water themed, so I am really excited what this alternate will be. (It's probably an alternate for a mini-biome)

Also small question: Izzabelle, do you still have some ideas for Corruption/Crimson and Hallow alternates? (Glade, Whimsy and the Infestation are just awesome)

It's always pretty hard to guess the theme of the alternate by the sigil,
YRBPCOw.png
looks like some sort of waterdrop. The ocean will probably be water themed, so I am really excited what this alternate will be. (It's probably an alternate for a mini-biome)
I hope the sigils aren't too hard to read after the biome is revealed. Else I'll have to consider my alternate support method.

Also small question: Izzabelle, do you still have some ideas for Corruption/Crimson and Hallow alternates? (Glade, Whimsy and the Infestation are just awesome)
I do have a few more ideas for Hallow/Corruption alternates.

I hope the sigils aren't too hard to read after the biome is revealed. Else I'll have to consider my alternate support method.

I do have a few more ideas for Hallow/Corruption alternates.
After you post the alternate, the sigil also becomes more understandable. Before however, it's hard to know what the alternate will be (That's not a bad thing. It shouldn't be too obvious after all xD).

Hey all! It's been a little while now, hasn't it? So I've got updates!

pTKYPYm.png
The Tides
Development % updated! Work continues on the Tides which should actually release Soon™! This has been fun to work on so far. I am close now to entering the "polish" phase of the Tide's development, but because it's a smaller alternate -- I don't think it should take overly long. But you know. Deadlines and schedules aren't really my thing. It'll be done when it's done.

uv3LVVj.gif
TiiMJFs.gif
The Whimsy & The Glade
1.3.5 brings a new furniture set for Crystals -- which means both the Whimsy and the Glade will be getting a new furniture set. It might be difficult for me to insert them into the original posts (curse you image limits!). If this is the case, they'll be posted in the thread and the post will be linked in the original post. No idea when I will be able to get these updated -- but I don't want to let them linger too long with an update to the game having already happened. I'll certainly let you all know when they drop.

Which also brings me to my next point; I *will* continue to update all of the alternates if new content is added to the base game that relates to the biome being alternated. The biggest example of this is the massive changes to The River. But not all of these updates will necessarily fit into the original posts. So, depending on what comes with the next few updates, we may see a new type of section in the alternates that links to a post with updated content. I'll be figuring out a way to make this look "pretty" in regard to formatting so that the original quality of the suggestion isn't compromised.

And speaking of image constraints and formatting...

xd3Q1LL.png

Some of you guys' signatures are getting fairly large. There's not too many sigils left in the whole of my alternate vision -- but there may or may not be alternates after the End of Days. So while the current plan for alternates may fit into your sigs, the future of alternates might not.

I will continue to make a sigil for each alternate I release -- but would any of you want a single support image/banner to support *this* thread? Or do you like having the sigils? Would you want some sort of middle ground? What are the pros and cons in your eyes? Please sound off here in this thread! Looking for discussion!

===============================

So if you haven't heard already, 1.4 has been confirmed by Cenx. But no one in Re-Logic has approached me about wanting to use any of the alternates (or have they?) (they haven't) (but who knows) (I know) :dryadnaughty:

So if you want to see any of these alts get used; be sure to make it known! Terraria only has 1 alternate (The Crimson), so it definitely could use some more! It's up to you guys and other supporters to help make the alts known and known to be wanted. I don't condone rule-breaking or annoying the devs though, but just remember that if you really want to see one of my alts in the game -- they could use a stronger spotlight. I'm open to ideas! 1.4 hasn't had all it's new content locked in yet, so there might still be room for a few alts!

And I think thats it. We should be all up to date!

Hey all! It's been a little while now, hasn't it? So I've got updates!I will continue to make a sigil for each alternate I release -- but would any of you want a single support image/banner to support *this* thread? Or do you like having the sigils? Would you want some sort of middle ground? What are the pros and cons in your eyes? Please sound off here in this thread! Looking for discussion!
I'd say keep the sigils, but make a support banner with the most notable alts on it if people don't want to fill their signature with the sigils.

Hey all! It's been a little while now, hasn't it? So I've got updates!

pTKYPYm.png
The Tides
Development % updated! Work continues on the Tides which should actually release Soon™! This has been fun to work on so far. I am close now to entering the "polish" phase of the Tide's development, but because it's a smaller alternate -- I don't think it should take overly long. But you know. Deadlines and schedules aren't really my thing. It'll be done when it's done.

uv3LVVj.gif
TiiMJFs.gif
The Whimsy & The Glade
1.3.5 brings a new furniture set for Crystals -- which means both the Whimsy and the Glade will be getting a new furniture set. It might be difficult for me to insert them into the original posts (curse you image limits!). If this is the case, they'll be posted in the thread and the post will be linked in the original post. No idea when I will be able to get these updated -- but I don't want to let them linger too long with an update to the game having already happened. I'll certainly let you all know when they drop.

Which also brings me to my next point; I *will* continue to update all of the alternates if new content is added to the base game that relates to the biome being alternated. The biggest example of this is the massive changes to The River. But not all of these updates will necessarily fit into the original posts. So, depending on what comes with the next few updates, we may see a new type of section in the alternates that links to a post with updated content. I'll be figuring out a way to make this look "pretty" in regard to formatting so that the original quality of the suggestion isn't compromised.

And speaking of image constraints and formatting...

xd3Q1LL.png

Some of you guys' signatures are getting fairly large. There's not too many sigils left in the whole of my alternate vision -- but there may or may not be alternates after the End of Days. So while the current plan for alternates may fit into your sigs, the future of alternates might not.

I will continue to make a sigil for each alternate I release -- but would any of you want a single support image/banner to support *this* thread? Or do you like having the sigils? Would you want some sort of middle ground? What are the pros and cons in your eyes? Please sound off here in this thread! Looking for discussion!

===============================

So if you haven't heard already, 1.4 has been confirmed by Cenx. But no one in Re-Logic has approached me about wanting to use any of the alternates (or have they?) (they haven't) (but who knows) (I know) :dryadnaughty:

So if you want to see any of these alts get used; be sure to make it known! Terraria only has 1 alternate (The Crimson), so it definitely could use some more! It's up to you guys and other supporters to help make the alts known and known to be wanted. I don't condone rule-breaking or annoying the devs though, but just remember that if you really want to see one of my alts in the game -- they could use a stronger spotlight. I'm open to ideas! 1.4 hasn't had all it's new content locked in yet, so there might still be room for a few alts!

And I think thats it. We should be all up to date!
I think you should keep the sigils, since it shows how much stuff you have made and the variety of them makes signatures... more interesting :pinky:

To you, what are the notable alts?
Not really sure specifically other than the End of Days, but I'd say either some of the first ones or the ones that took the most work.

Also I know the End of Days isn't even out yet, but I feel like it would be pretty notable since it's an alternate of the Lunar Event or whatever its official name is.

I really love the sigils. It's really cool that every alternate comes with it's own unique one (and it also creates a beautiful kind of rainbow in everyone's signatures :3). Though I also think that you maybe should create some cool banner that leads to your "Izzabelle's Alternates" page. Thus there will be people who have the banner in their signatures and others who have specific sigils of the alternates they like (I've seen many people on this forum who only include some of the sigils you've made).
Ideas what could be on the banner:
-"Izzabelle's Alternates" written on it of course
-Some of the sigils (Some of the more well know Alternates like Tropics, River, Whimsy, Infection and Necropolis)
-Maybe some cool effect that gets the attention of the viewer (like that shining effect all the sigils have)

Otherwise: Woo, Tides hype!

It's up to you guys and other supporters to help make the alts known and known to be wanted. I don't condone rule-breaking or annoying the devs though, but just remember that if you really want to see one of my alts in the game -- they could use a stronger spotlight. I'm open to ideas! 1.4 hasn't had all it's new content locked in yet, so there might still be room for a few alts!

YES

ALL OF THE YES

I WOULD DIE TO SEE THIS

Well, Izzabelle did say a while back (unless things have changed, which is possible) that some of the Sigils weren't for biomes, so events are pretty likely at this point. Of course, I'm still wondering what's going to be a second alt to one of the biomes already alt'd, or what her completely original idea is.

I've noticed the Sigils seem to be arranged in a pseudo-progression type of order, so the droplet being a Blood Moon kinda feels too late if that's true. Alternatively, it looks similar to the Tar Pits Sigil and the droplet seems like an ocean idea, so perhaps it's a secondary Alt for another biome that's already been done? Similarly, I almost feel like the penultimate three are all events based on the hardmode events like Martians and Eclipses

Back
Top Bottom