Story Journal of Zach

kingartoria

Steampunker
Hello everybody! I have been wanting to do a story about my adventures in Terraria for a long time, and at the same time, I wanted to theorize about Terraria's lore, so here's the beginning of my story, Journal of Zach! Please comment if you notice any mistakes or have any criteria, as I'm just a novice writer. I can handle whatever criticism you guys throw at me, so let me have it if you notice anything you think needs fixing!

Prologue: The Guide

The guide awoke in a cold sweat on the cool grass ground of Terraria. He looked at his trembling hands and thought, "I shouldn't be alive... The only reason I should be here is if the seal to Cthulhu has been broken," Trent thought to himself. He then observed the surrounding area, which looked like the Terraria he knew. He saw tall trees with round bushes at the top, and a few bunnies hopping around. But what he saw next almost made him scream. He saw another man laying on the ground next to him, unconcious. "Who is this...? Everyone in Terraria should be dead from the corruption!" Then he remembered. "This person is the chosen one," he thought, "he is the one with the power to defeat the Moon Lord!" The unknown man's eyes opened suddenly, and he sat up from the grass, with a look of confusion and fear in his pale face. He faced Trent, who was shaking uncontrollably, and asked, "Where am I?"

Journal of Zach

November 6th

My name is Zach. I have awakened in a world called "Terraria", and the sole reason I am here for is to help Trent, the self-proclaimed "Guide" destroy the Moon Lord, whatever that means. The guide also told me that we are the only two known survivors of the "violet death", or what it is scientifically classified as, The Corruption. Apparently it houses beasts and hellish creatures that not even the entire population of Terraria could escape from, and Trent expects me to stop it? He gave me this journal to write about my findings in this world, as he remembers nothing of it other than his fear of the corruption, and what his purpose for being alive right now is, which he is reluctant to talk about.

Trent told me that things get ugly really quick once the sun goes down, so he scavenged some tools and weapons out of an old rusty chest he found nearby. The chest stored a pickaxe, a spear, an axe, a bottle with glowing green liquid, that Trent told me was a "speed potion", some small bombs, and some rope. He first told me to chop down some trees to collect lumber, which, to my surprise, was way easier than I thought it would be. We then made a shoddy shack out of the logs we collected from the nearby trees. "This will do," said Trent as he wiped a large amount of sweat off his forehead. I admired my work, as I could not remember ever building a house before. But then my heart sank as I realized that I could not remember anything about myself, besides my name. I didn't think much of it at first, but then I began to feel curious. I asked Trent, "How old do you think I am? I can't seem to remember any of my memories." Trent then responded with a chuckle, then he stated, "Why, you're about the same age as me, four thousand years old!"

That statement hit me like a punch to the face. "Four thousand years?!?" I yelled at Trent, "I can't even remember what happened yesterday, much less four thousand years ago!" Trent then walked up to me and sat me down on the ground, and explained my reason for existing. He said that I was sealed away with him three thousand, nine hundred eighty-two years ago, and that we were both 18 when we were sealed away. "We are alive today for the sole purpose of defeating Moon Lord Cthulhu, but we were stopped by the Cult of Cthulhu, an organization created to search for a way to break his seal from our dimension, which happened far before even you and I were born." He laughed, "It's a very long and sad tale. We alone could not stop the army of cultists, who, along with attempts to unlock the seal on Cthulhu, unleashed the Corruption upon our once peaceful world." His cheery face turned to a gloomy shade, "Everyone we knew was killed by the monsters of the Corruption, as well as the cultists, who were killed soon after they sealed us away, and all we could do was watch. You would feel the same way I do, if you didn't lose your memories." He sighed. "We are weakened by the seal that held us away from the world for almost four thousand years, and we could not defeat Cthulhu as we are now. I cannot defeat him. You are the chosen one, and you have the power granted by the hidden sword of the hero to destroy Cthulhu." Trent inhaled deeply, and exhaled loudly, then sat up.

"It's getting late," he said lazily. "We should get inside the house and try to get comfy for the night, as you and I have to look for ways to make you stronger tomorrow." We stepped into the dim house, lit by a single torch stuck into the wall. I went to the corner of the house and curled up on the hard floor, trying to take in all the things I learned today. Trent, however, flopped over and sighed of exhaustion. "Goodnight, Zach," he said to me as he looked over and smiled. I could not close my eyes for more than five seconds without snapping them open. I was too curious about what secrets the night held in Terraria.

Back
Top Bottom