Jumpscared in Terraria

Besides the obligatory traps and initial discovery of dungeon guardians, I'd say my first encounter with a fishron set me off pretty good. Also, desert worm enemies are unreasonably terrifying, especially while underpowered.

There was one time I went to the dungeon (this was like a week ago on the 3ds version) I fought skeletron, when I beat him it said on the bottom the eye of cthulhu has awoken Later I find out my friend spawned it in to kill wilbur

Yeah the dungeon guardian definitely gives you a scare. The first time seeing the dungeon, let's be realistic we all slightly crapped ourselves and got excited. We see the old man, tap on him, he talks about his master and of course we just ignore him and head straight to the dungeon. We go down thinking this is so cool untill suddenly a gigantic skeleton head kills you instantly, and we try it again getting the same result. :) ;)
I almost fell out of my chair
[doublepost=1508003922,1508003732][/doublepost]
1st time fighting Eye of Cthulhu on Expert Mode as well. It was an exciting experience that was a jumpscare the 1st time I heard it's "hyper scream".

These as well. They appear when you least expect them.
I still hate fighting that thing in expert

I'm surprised no one here has mentioned Nymphs, rare as they might be. The first time I saw the Lost Girl, it was the day 1.2 was released, so there was no information. I thought it was a new NPC and came up to meet her...

I'm surprised no one here has mentioned Nymphs, rare as they might be. The first time I saw the Lost Girl, it was the day 1.2 was released, so there was no information. I thought it was a new NPC and came up to meet her...
To this very day I think they should be a npc

Lol, I remember my very first dungeon guardian jumpscare. I still get a little startled by it. Like, it literally comes out of nowhere.

I had jump-scared for the first time by that Dungeon Guardian (Like a lot of people here, decidedly xD)
It was the first time I entered in the Dungeon, I was a newbie in the game and I had no informations about the dungeon... I ignored the Old Man at the entry and I just entered... When, suddently a huge skull appeared and instant killed me. Without understanding what happened.
I was at the same time scared and confused.

Surprised no one's brought up sandstorms yet. I had taken a break from Terraria for a couple years and came back after 1.3.3 came out. Started a new expert mode play through and found myself in a sandstorm without any armor.

"Woah, sandstorms? This has to be amazing."

DoctorWhale's innards became outards by Tomb Crawler.

I almost died.

I can agree that Duke startled m the first time I fought him.

i am an beginner in Terraria, and not too long ago i was in a corrupted world. I was making an shelter to survive the night, and then an devrourer goes trough my walls! I was jumping out of my chair and tought: that is the eater of worlds! aaah! (but i found out it was not).

Back
Top Bottom