Biomes & Nature Jungle Saved!

Do you want the jungle to be protected?

• Yes! I only want my jungle to be protected from the corruption, none of that cross-biome nonsense.

Votes: 1,185 58.8%
  • Yes! I want the jungle to fuse with the spirits of light and dark. (Comment on what you want added.)

Votes: 628 31.2%
  • No! I love watching the jungle wither away to become a corrupt wasteland that can never be restored.

Votes: 68 3.4%
  • Uh… I don’t really care… Am I supposed to?

Votes: 135 6.7%

• Total voters
Yeah...I pretty much agree with everyone here...but the issue is, if you really want to save your world from the corruption (I use corruption for both crimson and corruption.) you can do a few things to stop it.
1 is to blockade it. This one is the hardest to do period. It requires you to dig a big hole from the surface to the bottom of the world and fill it with a non corruptible block. (Dear god I hate that one. But it works, so.)
2 is to just go ham on the corrupted area with the clemtaminator. It takes work, and you gotta be sure to do it carefully so it doesn't regrow from just a single block.
3 is the easiest. On the topic of saving the Jungle, beat back the corruption if it gets too close. As you get farther into the game, this becomes easier with the clemtaminator.

But why do all that if the Jungle wasn't just 100% free from any corruption!

I'm all about the hallow, I just didn't spread it on the jungle. I also removed the crimson from my world, so I won't have to worry about it as much.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-12-02-47-02-1.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-12-02-47-02-1.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 133
I'm not sure, but isn't this already in game??
Gamepedia - Hardmode Go to Spread

"As of 1.3 the Corrupiton or Crimson can no longer convert mud blocks into dirt blocks."

Not sure if it's true or not, didn't checked on my world (there's no Crimson near it, hellevators FTW)

I'm not sure, but isn't this already in game??
Gamepedia - Hardmode Go to Spread

"As of 1.3 the Corrupiton or Crimson can no longer convert mud blocks into dirt blocks."

Not sure if it's true or not, didn't checked on my world (there's no Crimson near it, hellevators FTW)
Probably not, it wasn't in the official change-log. There was a new feature where chlorophyte could undo the damage, but that's it.

I don't know if someone already posted this, but maybe the jungle and crimson / corruption can have a cross-biome fight. For example the Jungle mobs will go and attack the corrupt / crimson mobs vice versa. You can choose a side and help what you want to save. Also maybe the biomes can merge and have new enemies items and loot. Corpse flower (corruption) plantera or rafflesia (crimson) plantera anyone?

I don't know if someone already posted this, but maybe the jungle and crimson / corruption can have a cross-biome fight. For example the Jungle mobs will go and attack the corrupt / crimson mobs vice versa. You can choose a side and help what you want to save. Also maybe the biomes can merge and have new enemies items and loot. Corpse flower (corruption) plantera or rafflesia (crimson) plantera anyone?
That first part about the biomes fighting sounds like a completely different suggestion, but the second part is exactly what I had in mind.

I think there should be a post-Golem event called "The Day of The Triffids" (based on a book) that happens when the biomes merge

It could be another thing, like after defeating Plantera boss many times (maybe 6 times or so), the next Plantera appears as Mutant Plantera! I'll allow you to be the one to make the thread, but give me some credit.:naughty: Lawl JK

It could be another thing, like after defeating Plantera boss many times (maybe 6 times or so), the next Plantera appears as Mutant Plantera! I'll allow you to be the one to make the thread, but give me some credit.:naughty: Lawl JK
I was thinking that if you fight plantera in a corrupt, hallow, or crimson jungle, then you end up fighting a different version of the boss with new attacks, and maybe even new behavior and drops.

Maybe the different types of Planteras should drop crimson/corrupt/hallowed alternative versions of the items that the original Plantera drops! Exept those versions are stronger then that of the original drops.Maybe the wiki can help with this one! Hurry, get researching, before a rich idea gets stolen! Here's the URL!
http://terraria.wiki.gg/Plantera
Your welcome for helping! :naughty:

Maybe the different types of Planteras should drop crimson/corrupt/hallowed alternative versions of the items that the original Plantera drops! Exept those versions are stronger then that of the original drops.Maybe the wiki can help with this one! Hurry, get researching, before a rich idea gets stolen! Here's the URL!
http://terraria.wiki.gg/Plantera
Your welcome for helping! :naughty:
I don't think we have to worry about the idea being stolen. :p anyway, I think it would be better if instead each one had a single brand new unique item that it dropped, instead of just stronger versions of old items.

Yeah, along with the stronger versions? You should probably make a thread in the new idea area, and maybe it could be a new feature. A great idea isn't gonna be noticed in an old thread, that's hanging by one. I'm sure something like that could be added with the new forest themes. No reason why you shouldn't!

Yeah, along with the stronger versions? You should probably make a thread in the new idea area, and maybe it could be a new feature. A great idea isn't gonna be noticed in an old thread, that's hanging by one. I'm sure something like that could be added with the new forest themes. No reason why you shouldn't!
I would, but I don't want to make a separate thread for an idea that relies on this one.

Back
Top Bottom