Mobile Just a Hint for Events Like Pumpkin Moon, Goblin and Pirate Invasion

Trouble with event spawn rates? Does this help?

• Total voters

TerraNova Gaming

Official Terrarian
Okay, some people have said that Goblin, Pirate and even the Pumpkin Moon events have slow spawn rates. I kinda agree with that. Now everyone builds an arena. Flat open spaces or an enclosed arena with traps. Now these are good. But, I don't know of anyone pays small attention to this but when you open the map but your fingers dont let go, you can see the enemies spawn a bit far away from you, sometimes beyond your arena. Sometimes, below your arena are caves (obviously) and these mini-caves provide enough room for monsters to spawn in, especially if they are close to your arena. To get rid of the problem and ensuring monsters spawn at least near your arena, fill in the caves. Dig the length of your arena and find caves to completely fill. It will take some time but this is to make sure monsters spawn where you want them. Also make sure there are no solid blocks above you either.

Screenshot_2015-01-20-21-50-50-1.png
Now, i filled in as much as i could and will continue tomorrow. Now this whole thing is a Theory! I will let you know if this works.

Its finally done! Time to test it out!
Screenshot_2015-01-20-23-06-03-1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Mobile has decreased mob spawnrate, this arena will help, but only minor. Before (in the hardmode update), it had normal spawnrate, but was reduced in a following update

Spawn limit is not of the essence, what you kill is.

Your reply still doesn't make any sense to me. Your saying that a large platform off the ground would limit your potential for progress? Tell me, how would a large platform in the sky made out of, say dirt, affect the mob spawning in any way when it is essentially the exact same thing you'd be making down on the ground, but without the need to flatten terrain or fill in caves beneath you?

Scarecrows, Hellhounds, Mourning Wood, and Headless Horsemen would spawn off to the side in the same manner, and Poltergeist and Pumpkings would spawn wherever and fly towards you. Spawning wouldn't be effected in any way.

Mobile has decreased mob spawnrate, this arena will help, but only minor. Before (in the hardmode update), it had normal spawnrate, but was reduced in a following update

There is no real "beating" the pumpkinmoon in the first place, there's reaching final wave and then kill as much as possible without being killed.

Furthermore the spawn rate during a pumpkinmoon is mostly determined by how fast you kill monsters and a cap number of monsters that can be spawned at a time. If you want to get a higher kill/spawn ratio, it may make sense to create a lava basin on one side of the arena, so monsters will spawn at one side only, which makes killing them with a terra blade or any other given ranged attack that hits multiple enemies at once, fast and easy.

I do agree on filling caves if needed, however, your holding the button trick becomes obsolete as soon as you have a hunter potion, that makes spotting things underground a snap, not to mention you can further enhance this, by using a sniper rifle or a rifle scope.

EDIT: You don't want to make platforms of "massive" dirt or anything like that, if you want a platform, then go with wooden platforms instead, because you can shoot through them. The only thing to consider is keeping it at a height, that makes it so you stand just above mourning woods. You really don't want to be too far away from the monsters and the loot, especially, when you need to pick up hearts and stars.

Furthermore the spawn rate during a pumpkinmoon is mostly determined by how fast you kill monsters and a cap number of monsters that can be spawned at a time. If you want to get a higher kill/spawn ratio, it may make sense to create a lava basin on one side of the arena, so monsters will spawn at one side only, which makes killing them with a terra blade or any other given ranged attack that hits multiple enemies at once, fast and easy.

The spawn rate is about half that of the PC version, and the max spawn is capped at around five. No amount of tricks is going to help, you either abuse the Bat Scepter or Horseman's Blade, or get really lucky with the spawn per ticks.

your holding the button trick becomes obsolete as soon as you have a hunter potion, that makes spotting things underground a snap, not to mention you can further enhance this, by using a sniper rifle or a rifle scope.

No, the trick he outlined makes the Hunter Potion obsolete, as the map allows you to see mobs from a much greater distance away due to mobiles zoom level, even if you couple it with the Sniper Rifle. The scope currently doesn't work properly in mobile.

Overall, it sounds like your suggestions are coming from the PC version, and because of that, they don't really help. Codeglue has changed a lot of things.

Your reply still doesn't make any sense to me. Your saying that a large platform off the ground would limit your potential for progress? Tell me, how would a large platform in the sky made out of, say dirt, affect the mob spawning in any way when it is essentially the exact same thing you'd be making down on the ground, but without the need to flatten terrain or fill in caves beneath you?

It wouldn't. But you don't progress through the Pumpkin Moon based on how many monsters spawn, you progress through the Pumpkin Moon how many monsters you kill. If you stand on a dirt platform you can't kill anything on the ground below, so you wouldn't progress through the waves all that fast.

There is no real "beating" the pumpkinmoon in the first place, there's reaching final wave and then kill as much as possible without being killed.

I do agree on filling caves if needed, however, your holding the button trick becomes obsolete as soon as you have a hunter potion, that makes spotting things underground a snap, not to mention you can further enhance this, by using a sniper rifle or a rifle scope.

EDIT: You don't want to make platforms of "massive" dirt or anything like that, if you want a platform, then go with wooden platforms instead, because you can shoot through them. The only thing to consider is keeping it at a height, that makes it so you stand just above mourning woods. You really don't want to be too far away from the monsters and the loot, especially, when you need to pick up hearts and stars.
I think your views are coming from PC. This is Mobile we're talking about

It wouldn't. But you don't progress through the Pumpkin Moon based on how many monsters spawn, you progress through the Pumpkin Moon how many monsters you kill. If you stand on a dirt platform you can't kill anything on the ground below, so you wouldn't progress through the waves all that fast.

You don't understand what I'm saying. Building a platform high enough off the ground makes it so that mobs only spawn on the platform, eliminating the need for any terraforming.

Back
Top Bottom