Just started playing expert mode

Marmara

Terrarian
What can I say... I love it! This is the real deal challenge right here.

I've seen people compare expert mode Terraria to Dark Souls, and I very much agree, especially when you are hardcore. You have to gear up with every opportunity possible, fight very cautiously, and not die, otherwise you lose a significant chunk of your gold.

I just got my iron weapons and armor and I find that even with the iron setup I had lots of difficulty fighting the usual night time mobs (zombie eye, zombies, etc)

Expert multiplayer magnifies this... You HAVE to work together as a team or your entire party gets shredded into bits... Hardmode Expert 2 player green slimes have 246 health!

Expert mode's a lot of fun. I don't think I could do expert mode hardcore given how easy it is to die, but it really adds excitement into the game and a real sense of struggle that the base mode lacks. Skeletron and the Wall of Flesh both become very tricky foes, though the gold problem is easily solved with a money trough.

It can be nasty if your spawn point is bordered by two dangerous biomes, though (like a really close desert and corruption/crimson.) You won't be able to run through either of them, so all surface chests will be barred for a while.

It sure is a lot of fun. I went through it twice now, and can't go back to normal anymore, since that's become ridiculously easy.
I wonder what Master will be like though. I think that might become the real Dark Souls experience.

Back
Top Bottom