TCF Suggestion (Keyboard) Character Count

xXChickyChuXx

Steampunker
I was wondering if you could add a character count somewhere that depicts the current amount of characters typed and how many you have left. It would be easier knowing how much space you'd have left on a post until you run out. If this feature already exists, forgive me for not finding it. If not, it would be a nice feature to add.

I was wondering if you could add a character count somewhere that depicts the current amount of characters typed and how many you have left. It would be easier knowing how much space you'd have left on a post until you run out. If this feature already exists, forgive me for not finding it. If not, it would be a nice feature to add.
I agree, having the character count show on profiles would be handy since there is a limit. As it stands right now it’s not possible without adding additional plug-in software to the forum. Adding more plug-ins creates a dependency on those plug-ins needing to be being updated before we can update the forum software. Outdated plug-ins have blocked us from updating the core forum software for awhile, making it critical that we not depend on plug-ins as much.

As a work around you can use an online character counter to help assist you in knowing how long the message your typing is going to be.

Something else you could do: I just type out everything I want to say and then start using ctrl+x to cut the text until it lets me submit the post. Then I paste what I have in my clipboard to a new message and repeat the process until all paragraphs are accounted for.

Back
Top Bottom