PC Killed by Detonators again...or saved?

What are your end thoughts on Detonators?

• Eh, I guess they're okay, but they're nothing special

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Are you kidding?! They'll revolutionize wiring systems!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes! ...no! ....maybe? I don't know. Could you repeat the question?

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I can't stand them

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
So, not sure how many people looked into detonators, I sure didn't for a long time. Not until I was too lazy to buy a pressure plate to test a hoik-i-vator, that I just took a detonator I had in the chest to activate my Timers. Now, this is the part where it gets obscure. They can both give pulses, and store them too. Now, this opens up a whole new world of wiring! Not only that, they can be right clicked (only if they haven't been used, until a pulse goes to them from a wire, I believe this is called "self-terminating"). Since they are 2x2 in size, you can use them as relays to extend wiring beyond 2000 blocks without changing wiring color or needing to reset the circuit. So, as far as pressure plates go, they have the properties of the grey ones I believe (player only). Just think of the uses!! I'd like to hear what you all think of this, and if you agree that these wonders need to see more use!

I hadn't looked into them beyond avoiding setting them off. I bet you might find some people who've played with it in the T-MEC group. I'll have to read up on them now

Dunno honestly, but even if it doesn't do that, it has enough going for it otherwise
Edit: Just checked, yup, 1.2.3, shows how often I use Teleporters. Or does it? The 2x2 thing actually made me realize that the only trigger to share that is the Lever, and thusly the only other one capable of giving 2 outputs from the same color, so, I suppose you could use it as a wire-splitter as well, which would mean engines will be able to go to even more things with this

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom