Mobile Kindle Fire HD 7 Terraria: unable to retrieve the cloud saves

My son's profile on his kindle was disabled by accident and when turned on again, his saves were gone. I had previously set up cloudsaves with a gmail account, and while I can see all his worlds and characters on Google Drive, Terraria on the Kindle doesn't. I've tried logging in and out of Google on Terraria, to no avail. I opened a helpdesk ticket, but - while friendly - they didn't have any help to offer except to point me here.

So what I'd like to know is whether it's somehow possible to force Terraria to see the cloud saves. Google's shown me that the only way I can otherwise get to the save directory, would be to root the tablet - something I'm not willing to do as it's still under warranty.

My son's profile on his kindle was disabled by accident and when turned on again, his saves were gone. I had previously set up cloudsaves with a gmail account, and while I can see all his worlds and characters on Google Drive, Terraria on the Kindle doesn't. I've tried logging in and out of Google on Terraria, to no avail. I opened a helpdesk ticket, but - while friendly - they didn't have any help to offer except to point me here.

So what I'd like to know is whether it's somehow possible to force Terraria to see the cloud saves. Google's shown me that the only way I can otherwise get to the save directory, would be to root the tablet - something I'm not willing to do as it's still under warranty.
Hi there @Phoenixoverlord, welcome to the forums.

I've been trying to think of a solution all day since seeing your post this morning. I've searched around to see if there was anything in a past thread that may have info. Apologies if this is something you've already tried, or if the info is outdated and doesn't make sense, as I'm not familiar with Kindle.

Did your son run Terraria in Free Time (kids mode) and now you're trying to run Terraria and access the cloud saves in normal mode? Or vice versa? There was one member here that ran into that problem and couldn't see local or cloud saves, but once they logged in using Free Time, the saves were there.

I wish I had better news, but I'm not familiar enough wth the Kindle versions to know of anything else for you to try.

Hi and thank you!

It's a good question, as he was running it in Free Time. However, we tried it both ways. His current profile is back under Free Time, while I also set Terraria up on another tablet under a regular account (linked to his gmail saves of course). And that's where we're currently stuck.

Hi and thank you!

It's a good question, as he was running it in Free Time. However, we tried it both ways. His current profile is back under Free Time, while I also set Terraria up on another tablet under a regular account (linked to his gmail saves of course). And that's where we're currently stuck.
Ah, well shoot, I was hoping it was the miracle solution. ~:)

Two more things I've seen help other people, but I'm stretching here because this worked on Android devices, and not Kindle.

Keep trying to have the game show cloud saves by going into the local saves menu and switching back to the cloud save menu. Not fast back and forth, but go into the local save menu, then leisurely change it to show the cloud saves (that aren't there), give it time, go back to local saves, pause, switch over to cloud saves, rinse, repeat, keep going back and forth, etc. Some members have had luck that their cloud saves finally pop and it'll show them.

This next try has to do with Android's Google Drive, but I thought it would be worth a shot to mention. I am not sure if your Google Drive that is attached to the Kindle works the same way, but here we go. Log into your Google Drive from a computer, and find the Terraria cloud save files. Select a file, right click and choose View More Options, and then Manage Versions. Hopefully it will pop up a list showing all the recent versions of that file. Remove the most recent version (delete it or move it to your desktop). That may force the game to "look" for the cloud saves again and populate them in game again. Please be careful with this option. I've never tried it myself (I'm on iOS), but I have seen it help out Android users with their cloud saves.

Back
Top Bottom