NPCs & Enemies King Slime's Ninja as a Merchant?

notnik

Terrarian
It makes me feel a little sad to see that ninja just dissapear with king slime, so I thought up what seems to be a quick and easy happy ending for them. After defeating King Slime for the first time, He could emerge from the slime in tattered ninja clothing and work as a travelling merchant re-sprite, selling a variety of his items, and thanking the player before disappearing after 24 ingame hours. In order to make this a worthwhile addition, when a travelling merchant is going to spawn in, the game could run a chance (33% maybe?) for the ninja to spawn instead of the travelling merchant, wearing different attire and carrying a sword, mentioning that he has retired from the warrior lifestyle and now lives as a nomadic merchant. I'm not sure how hard this would be to add in as im not familiar with Terraria's code in any way, but this seems like a simple addition that would help build on to the world of Terraria.

If this only works the first time, I'd support it. In fact, seeing as how the Traveling Merchant carries a lot of items based on Asian cultures, it might even make sense for the ninja to become the Traveling Merchant. Maybe the TM only begins to show up after you've beaten King Slime? Nah, that seems unnecessary. But still, I like this idea.

It makes me feel a little sad to see that ninja just dissapear with king slime, so I thought up what seems to be a quick and easy happy ending for them. After defeating King Slime for the first time, He could emerge from the slime in tattered ninja clothing and work as a travelling merchant re-sprite, selling a variety of his items, and thanking the player before disappearing after 24 ingame hours. In order to make this a worthwhile addition, when a travelling merchant is going to spawn in, the game could run a chance (33% maybe?) for the ninja to spawn instead of the travelling merchant, wearing different attire and carrying a sword, mentioning that he has retired from the warrior lifestyle and now lives as a nomadic merchant. I'm not sure how hard this would be to add in as im not familiar with Terraria's code in any way, but this seems like a simple addition that would help build on to the world of Terraria.

If this only works the first time, I'd support it. In fact, seeing as how the Traveling Merchant carries a lot of items based on Asian cultures, it might even make sense for the ninja to become the Traveling Merchant. Maybe the TM only begins to show up after you've beaten King Slime? Nah, that seems unnecessary. But still, I like this idea.

I would be okay with having more than one Traveling Merchant. they don't necessarily need to sell different things. They could, but they don't NEED to. And, rather than a chance of replacing the Traveling Merchant, why not just have a similar set of spawning circumstances? Freeing the Ninja Salesman just means you get access to traveling merchant supplies more frequently. Maybe they both show up at once and have a price war.

Back
Top Bottom