Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
So, knockback is a little funky now. I'm sad to have to report how I found this, but I was using my Godly Gray Zapinator which has "Very Strong Knockback" and I was shooting a Wyvern. Well... apparently knockback affects each segment of the Wyvern individually, so certain segments got blasted away from the rest of the Wyvern's body. Combined with good ol' multiplayer lag, the result was the Wyvern has a couple segments that go flying away from the body, and then the entire Wyvern basically explodes into madness, with every segment doing the same - which is HILARIOUS. Wish it could stay, but.. it is a bug and probably should be fixed.

However, other times... when using "average knockback" (in singleplayer this time) enemies like Bats and Crimeras barely move backward at all. Obviously much less than pre-1.4. I don't know if this is a master-mode rebalance or just a straight-up glitch in both directions with Knockback.

Well, your second point just sounds like normal gameplay mechanics. Enemies tend to have some knockback resistance so not every enemy will be knocked back the same from the same weapon. Remember that an update can and will introduce rebalancing and reworks to existing things. (Also Master Mode most likely adds even more knockback resistance to every enemy just like how Expert Mode does)

Possibly. I just remember the same enemy getting knocked around way more before. Could be intended, pretty sure that Wyvern is not though lol.

This is a weird combination of some new re-syncing mechanics and the Wyvern. We are looking into some fixes for it. :)

Back
Top Bottom